From A1 Vodafone Austria

4.5.0.55 release 81

Download here:

Updateservice

*** Make sure you locate the vendor.xml file and delete it if you are not on A1 Vodafone Austria'a network. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader

For install tutorial, go here...BlackBerry 101: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) | CrackBerry.com

or

1. Back up data on Desktop Manager under Back up/restore option
    2. Back up your 3rd party apps. Instructions here--> http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/how-...cations-53201/
    3. Disconnect your BB from Desktop Manager
    4. Download desired OS to your PC
    5. Install/run OS to PC
    6. Delete vendor.xml file. It's located in c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader
    7. Connect BB to Desktop Manager and it should prompt the upgrade. If not click app loader and that should initialize it.
    8. Do not unplug BB during the process. It will take around 30-60 minutes to complete upgrade.

*** step 2 is not required but recommended

**Note** Preinstalled Wallpapers are not included on this version
    Last edited by Garz; 08-27-08 at 07:30 PM.
    07-24-08 07:09 PM
    Ok people... I know links have been posted so dont jump my bones. A mod asked me to post a thread with install instructions for each individual OS in the appropriate forum so we can sticky these.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Garz; 07-24-08 at 10:36 PM.
    07-24-08 07:10 PM
    So what's new with this? I'm on .52 and it's nice. Any review?
    07-24-08 07:27 PM
    To be honest, I don't see anything different except I could not do a soft reset on .52 and now I can on .55
    07-24-08 07:28 PM
    To be honest, I don't see anything different except I could not do a soft reset on .52 and now I can on .55
    I could always do a soft reset...maybe its behind the scene stuff
    07-24-08 09:02 PM
    people noted there is no memory leak

also that link u keep posting where to dl desktop manager, it doesnt work anymore
    Last edited by chinh8310; 07-24-08 at 09:53 PM.
    07-24-08 09:05 PM
    I wasn't prompted to upgrade when I plugged in my BB... Is there another way to update the OS?
    07-24-08 10:34 PM
    After downloaded OS to PC, did you run/install it?

Did you delete vendor.xml file?

If you did all the above, click app loader and see if that helpe initiate the upgrade.
    07-24-08 10:38 PM
    Ok is it just me or does media player volume suck? Especially in videos. Now I'm debating downgrading to .52.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-24-08 11:06 PM
    Garz, why do you continuously ignore people when they try to tell you that link that you keep posting to download the DM is bad?

I tried to tell you at least twice in the last OS thread.
    07-24-08 11:18 PM
    I don't read every post. Last time I checked, I did not get a PM from anybody. I will edit it later when I'm on a PC.

07-24-08 11:21 PM
    Yes, I had done all of the above, except I didn't realize you had to start the App Loader. I thought the prompt would just automatically come up. I believe I'm done with the upgrade, just waiting for my device to connect. Thanks!
    07-24-08 11:23 PM
    I didn't think a PM was necessary, sorry.

Yes, that link has been bad for quite a while.
    07-24-08 11:24 PM
    Maita... Normally you don't have to but sometimes you need to to trigger it.

07-24-08 11:24 PM
    Super Loopy... if you guys need something fixed and it has not been done, just send me a PM. I can't keep up with every post made. Also, no need to be rude about it. Like I said, I will fix it in awhile. My wife is using my laptop.

07-24-08 11:28 PM
    In the process of downgrading back to .52. The media player volume in .55 was unacceptable.
    07-25-08 12:54 AM
    I just updated to this OS and upon reboot it says "Enterprise Configuration". But I don't use BES at all. Just BIS. Any ideas on this?
    07-25-08 01:02 AM
    When you loaded DM did you choose, Personal or Corporate?
    07-25-08 01:04 AM
    I selected personal.

But I think I just solved it. For some reason it installed the Blackberry MDS runtime. Just deleted and rebooted, no message this time.

Although I just noticed something else. One of my BBM contacts is missing, it says "Contacts (1/2)" and only lists one name.
    Last edited by steelslinger; 07-25-08 at 01:18 AM.
    07-25-08 01:15 AM
    I selected personal.

But I think I just solved it. For some reason it installed the Blackberry MDS runtime. Just deleted and rebooted, no message this time.

Although I just noticed something else. One of my BBM contacts is missing, it says "Contacts (1/2)" and only lists one name.
    Good thinking on the MDS

For BBM check to see if they are under "Unavailable"
    07-25-08 01:19 AM
    I don't have an "Unavailable" group in BB Messenger. Just Conversations and Contacts.
    07-25-08 01:36 AM
    Ok is it just me or does media player volume suck? Especially in videos. Now I'm debating downgrading to .52.

The volume level sucks on every 4.5 OS. Never had an issue with this on 4.2 OS. You would think this would have been a simple fix.

07-25-08 05:11 AM
    I only had a issue on .55. Now I'm back on .52 and happy with volume control again.

07-25-08 10:55 AM
    Had to go back to .52. Kept getting a database error message when I try to backup.

Edit: downloaded .55 again today. no error messages.

Last edited by johnsoj2us; 07-26-08 at 01:26 PM. Reason: update information
    07-25-08 12:22 PM
    The volume level sucks on every 4.5 OS. Never had an issue with this on 4.2 OS. You would think this would have been a simple fix.

I don't know how many OS have been released in ver4.5, but I will agree there is definitely a sound problem...not as loud at all. Every level acts as though it's the level below it. I.E., Medium, sounds like Low. Loud sounds like Medium, etc.
    Being new to the BB world, the Mobile 6 would would have came out with a "tweak," instead of waiting for a new OS to fix-is this true for BBs???
    07-25-08 03:50 PM
360 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD