I am a newbie, so please excuse my lack of better terminology. I just received my Curve 8330 from Verizon as part of my corporate account. I can't seem to figure out how to separate my email from different accounts. I have my work e-mail going to my messages folder, and I created a separate folder for my personal e-mail (Windstream is the ISP}. Whenever I receive e-mail in the Windstream personal folder, it also copies it to my message folder with my corporate e-mail. I want them completely separate. Can I do this? An IT guy with Verizon worked with me on the phone for about 20 minutes trying to figure it out and we got nowhere. He suggested I try a board like this, due to so many people sharing experiences and tips. If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
    08-27-08 11:25 PM
    Hi and welcome to CB. Its not possible to separate email going into your message folder. Please check out: BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com for all you want to know about your Berry
    08-27-08 11:38 PM
    By design, ALL messages go to the Messages Folder, as well as to their respective BIS inboxes. You can't turn this off. There is not a separate inbox for BES mail. BES only goes to the Messages Folder, where all the other mail also goes. So if you are on BES, there is no way to separate the Enterprise mail and the BIS mail. Some people choose to separate the SMS and email inboxes and hide the Messages folder. The other option (that I prefer) is to let the Message Folder be a one-stop-shop for all message traffic. I don't separate SMS and emails, and I hide the email inboxes. It's user preference, either way.
    08-28-08 12:15 AM
    I am a newbie, so please excuse my lack of better terminology. I just received my Curve 8330 from Verizon as part of my corporate account. I can't seem to figure out how to separate my email from different accounts. I have my work e-mail going to my messages folder, and I created a separate folder for my personal e-mail (Windstream is the ISP}. Whenever I receive e-mail in the Windstream personal folder, it also copies it to my message folder with my corporate e-mail. I want them completely separate. Can I do this? An IT guy with Verizon worked with me on the phone for about 20 minutes trying to figure it out and we got nowhere. He suggested I try a board like this, due to so many people sharing experiences and tips. If anyone can help, it will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide!
    Hi, I'm using Tmobile 8320...here's how I separated sms from email... Go into your sms(texmessages) now press menu. Scroll to options and select. Scroll all the way to bottom where it says sms/email, highligh, select change option, change so it says separated, click save..... Then a new icon shows up on ur screen. It says sms/msgs. Now the default folder that says"messages" can be deleted or hidden, u don't need it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-28-08 06:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD