I will be getting my curve next Wednesday and would like it to be recieved into a nice warm home. I would like to know about what cases you all have been using. I like the crystal clear case but think that it would be rough on the painted surface of the phone, then again I like the BB silicone skins but they look like the would pull off to easy when slipping into my pocket. I have been told that the silicone case has a plastic rim on it that will snap on the the outside of the phone. What to you all recomend.

Also can you use map features with out using a data plan. Ie. hook up gps puck and have a gps phone with no data charges.

Sorry for the long post but I had a blackjack before and Im so excited to become a BB addict.
    07-27-07 11:20 AM
    I will be getting my curve next Wednesday and would like it to be recieved into a nice warm home. I would like to know about what cases you all have been using. I like the crystal clear case but think that it would be rough on the painted surface of the phone, then again I like the BB silicone skins but they look like the would pull off to easy when slipping into my pocket. I have been told that the silicone case has a plastic rim on it that will snap on the the outside of the phone. What to you all recomend.

Also can you use map features with out using a data plan. Ie. hook up gps puck and have a gps phone with no data charges.

Sorry for the long post but I had a blackjack before and Im so excited to become a BB addict.
    I think the cases are down to personal preference. I use a pouch cae, either the BB standard pouch that comes with European models. But i also use another fantastic pouch of which i will be releasing a review on very soon as i have been working closely with them on a prototype ....i can tell you its leather and very cool.

The skins i personally dont like very much.

But look at whats about. Take your time to find the right case that suits your needs.

As for BB Maps - its free as it uses data.

Lastly - enjoy the stay
    07-27-07 03:30 PM
    Basically what i am getting at is that I have no internet or email capabilities on my curve because my fathers business plan will not allow it. Will I be able to connect to a gps puck and basically have a "tom tom" in my car, or does the curve have to communicate through a data network to pull up current location and mapping directions.

Thanks so much for your help so far.
    07-28-07 06:08 PM
    none right now. Looking for a bestskinsever application since I've had it on my treo 680, and ipod 5g
    07-28-07 11:55 PM
    Ok I just recieved my curve today and have a few questions. The trackball makes a sound when I spin it around. Not a speaker noise but a noise from the actual trackball, is this normal. Also There is no clear plastic piece on the battery cover to protect the camera or flash, are they supposed to be open like that. Thanks for the help in advance.
    07-30-07 10:39 PM
    Ok I just recieved my curve today and have a few questions. The trackball makes a sound when I spin it around. Not a speaker noise but a noise from the actual trackball, is this normal. Also There is no clear plastic piece on the battery cover to protect the camera or flash, are they supposed to be open like that. Thanks for the help in advance.
    There is a way under settings (screen and keyboard) to turn the clicking on the trackball off if you want. But yes, it is supposed to sound like that. Also, there should not be anything covering the camera (as it could ruin your photos...).

In answer to your other questions, most of the Map software require some kind of data connection download the maps (there aren't any that seem to keep the maps on the phone from what I can see due to space issues...).
    07-31-07 01:11 PM
    Do you mean connecting your bb to your tom tom via bluetooth? I don't see how that would incure data usage or charges.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-20-08 01:52 PM
    tmag had the best suggestion in my opinion use the leather pocket pouch that they give you or use a side pouch so when u use it its bare
    02-20-08 02:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD