New version of ShortcutMe 4.3.7.0 is now ready for beta testers.

You can be a tester if

- You own 8520 or 8530

- You own a ShortcutMe license but running an older version of it, or if you have never tried ShortcutMe on your BlackBerry (Max one week trial)

- If you do the following 2 things:
    1- Send an email to support at shortcutme dot com, include these in your email:
    - Your CrackBerry username
    - "Interested in trying SCM 4.3.7 for 85xx"

2- Post something here on this thread.

About ShortcutMe:

-

- Sold for $4.99 (10% off if bought from )

- Free to upgrade to for existing users (regardless of when they have bought it).

New features in 4.3.7.0 listed below the image!

New Features in ShortcutMe 4.3.7.0:

- Added 'cascadedshortcut' to supported apps:
    Allows creating a shortcut to run several shortcuts one after each other. For example; create a 'Leaving Home' shortcut that turns off WiFi, turns on Bluetooth, launches your favorite music, and turns on cellular radio, so that you can hear it in your car's hands-free system. You can then create an 'Entering Office' shortcut and so on. (allows to make any combinations of users own shortcuts).

- Allows users to add a delay in their CascadingShortcut: Turn on BT, then wait 5 seconds so the user can do some changes, then launch their favorite music.

- Allows creating an email shortcut that opens Compose-Email with both subject and message already written to the email

- Allows creating a shortcut to toggle Mass Storage Mode

- "Options_Toggle" allows toggling anything in BlackBerry Options

- Allows creating a shortcut to �Receive_Using_BT� feature on BlackBerry

- Allows adding symbols to shortcuts

- When editing or creating shortcuts, 'Show Me Online Info Page' takes users to an online page, where they can read about the selected application.
    08-07-10 03:28 PM
    I have a registered copy and like the program. But wish you would get
    rid of the advertising at the top. I know its Shortcutme and dont need
    the lable at the top of the shortcut page. Seems a waist of space.

Also the new icons are different sizes from one another. Looks odd.

Tim
    08-07-10 05:21 PM
    The header is mostly for the clock and date as some users want to click the side key to check the time when they are running other programs.
    Then without the word "ShortcutMe" on the BBs with wide screen, it is going to be a bit empty.

The icons/symbols are the ones that are defined in BB. I will try to find a replacement for the phone icon as it is bigger than the other ones. I hope I can find one that is smaller.
    08-07-10 05:47 PM
    ^
    |
    |
    |

Would like a trial version for 8530.
    08-08-10 12:21 PM
    I am running the trial on my 8530 and have a problem. I am unable to find an option to launch my sms and mms page which shows the threaded text messaging. I can only launch sms page which shows individual messages or mms page which shows individual mms messages, but not the combined threads.
    08-08-10 01:03 PM
    I am running the trial on my 8530 and have a problem. I am unable to find an option to launch my sms and mms page which shows the threaded text messaging. I can only launch sms page which shows individual messages or mms page which shows individual mms messages, but not the combined threads.
    SMS_Page and MMS_Page take you to SMS and MMS page as you have found out.

Unfortunately I haven't found a way to go to SMS/MMS page. Even that on your BB OS you have an icon for it, the BB OS API doesn't allow 3rd party apps to go to SMS-MMS page.
    08-08-10 01:59 PM
    So, I've been lightly using this application for a few days. I say lightly because the "beta" version is not really a beta, it's a limited trial version. It only lets me use 6 shortcuts, so I am not finding myself using it very much. However, I can say that the application seems good from the little bit I've been able to try it.

I have found one problem. Every once in awhile the convenience key clicks don't register. I find myself clicking twice, but the second one doesn't actually do anything. I have tried testing it with very fast and very slow pauses, and I haven't been able to find a pattern to the problem. In fact, too fast seems worse. Is there something I'm missing as far as how quickly I am supposed to be clicking for multi click?
    08-10-10 05:55 PM
    If the BB OS is slow (little memory left busy doing otther tasks), it takes longer time to bring up ShortcutMe.
    It helps if you give a little longer delay between your first clicks and the other ones in multiclcik launching.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 07:54 AM
    My BB is brand new, only have a coupe of applications added and no music or anything. Basically, a fresh and empty BB with nothing running in the background and I'm still losing clicks. It happens a lot more if I launch SCM with one key and click another key after.
    08-11-10 09:59 AM
    I can't recreate this on my 8520.

What conv key (left or right) are you trying to multiclick and what shortcuts have you set for those multiclicks (2x, 3x, 4x).

Does the multi-Space-Key-clicks shortcuts work fine?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-10 10:19 AM
    I made some changes to the multi-click feature and left it for you to download on the OTA link.

Try it and let me know if it works better.
    08-11-10 11:50 AM
    I'm not sure if I noticed anything different. It seems to work MOST of the time. I mostly have problems if I launch SCM with one convenience key, and do the second click with a different key.

Also, I set up Msg_SMS as a shortcut. If I launch the shortcut then go back to home by pushing the end call key, the new sms field stays there. So, if I launch it twice or more, there are all those fields on top of each other. If you change your mind you have a bunch of new text fields that stack up. It's not really a big issue, but it seems like launching multiple times shouldn't make another field on top of the other.
    08-11-10 03:01 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD