My wife just got a 8530 curve. I have uploaded a text file containing about 900 movies in our collection. We used to keep them in the palm.

I can go to media/explore to see them but here is the problem. I have not found a way to page up or down. The Find feature works but the found text is not displayed until you hit enter once. Then it will not scroll from that point but goes back to the top???

Any tips on viewing this TXT file or is there a SIMPLE app to download that works better than the media explore?

I should mention that I can't use the note feature in Outlook because the text file is too long.
    08-05-10 06:24 AM
    I'm going to move this to the 85XX Forum, you'll get a better responce there from others who own that device.
    08-05-10 08:12 AM
    Thank you Rich, Al
    08-05-10 09:53 AM
    Welcome to the forums (thanks for sending him pk)!

I'm not quite sure I follow. Do you mean you created a playlist for the 900 movies or is that just a catalog or something?

I don't think movie playlists work...

Opening and editing txt files can be done using Docs2Go (preloaded in all 8530s), BBNotepad and FileScount.

Post back if you need.
    08-05-10 10:18 AM
    Not a play list. I have my film library in Access. Just the names and locations, not the actual movies. I export a text file and loaded it to the palm. I can load the same text file to the 8530 and view it with the media explore. The problem is that media explore is not too good since it does not seem to have a page down and the search is kind of funky.

Where do I find docs2go? I didn't see that in the apps.
    08-05-10 02:01 PM
    Should be in the Applications folder.
    08-05-10 02:05 PM
    The app folder has word2go but not docs2go. I could not get it to open a text file.

I wrote a little C program to strip the actor name from the text file. That reduced the file to 16K from 32K and it now fits into the note feature of Outlook. This works better than explore when I use the memo app. The search works better and I can scroll from the search item.

I'd still like to find a better browser for text though. I am not at all impressed with the explore feature in media.
    08-05-10 07:51 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD