Wudup everyone,
    I just got a BB curve 8300 two days ago and its awesome. I first want to start by saying thanks to all you people who help out on here and answer questions, about 98% of what i have done to my curve already was just from reading the forums and taking your advice!!! Now to my question, I set up my person account as my gmail acount when i started the setup wizard i then proceeded to download all the google apps to my phone because they were suggested on here. I like all the google apps and i want to keep the gmail app on my home screen. So my problem is that i need to figure out how to take my gmail account off my person email setting from the beginning. Also, i totally get emails at different times between the two even if it is the same email. Hopefully someone can help me out, thanks
    02-06-08 11:10 AM
    Go here: BlackBerry Internet Service

...and edit your accounts accordingly. Or, use the 'setup internet email' icon from your device. In addition, to NOT receive a copy of sent emails using GMail, you have to add a filter...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/gmai...lackberry-853/
    02-06-08 11:19 AM
    i meant to say personal everytime i said "person" account, sorry
    02-06-08 11:20 AM
    I recommend keeping your gmail set up on your phone. I use the gmail app just as a reference as a fast way to access my email. I turned the notifications off on the app because the delay was annoying me lol. But if you want to take it out just go to the email setup wizard and delete it from there.
    02-06-08 11:21 AM
    thank naviwilliams, that was too easy, i totally forgot about that icon because i "hid" it after setting it up, the only reason i like the gmail app is because i am 100% used to using gmail and i can use all functions through the app just as though i were on my computer, thanks for the tips everyone!
    02-06-08 11:34 AM
    also, even though there is a delay on the gmail app alerting you it doesnt really bother me because im on gmail ALOT and i just refresh the inbox and i have found no delay there, i tested it in front of the computer while sending myself emails from another email account
    02-06-08 11:39 AM
    Hmm, I might try that application; just because...
    02-06-08 11:51 AM
    i don't know how familiar you are with gmail but for what i use it for i think its hands down the best and this app lets you do EVERYTHING you can from your desktop at home with the menu button on the bb, thanks again!
    02-06-08 12:09 PM
    i am trying this as i have the same problem. If i send something from my gmail on my PC, it hits my BB, which i don't want happening. I tried to filter but there isn't an option to keep it off "device". I may have set up two accounts on BB, one a BB email using gmail, and then a separate gmail icon.

thanks, this rocks!
    02-18-08 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD