So I finally activated my Blackberry today and loving it so far. Having a weird issue since I got home a bit ago.

I log into my phone when it is locked with the password I set, no problem. I connect to my PC and the DM asks me for a password for my device. I enter the password I set for my lock feature on the phone itself, but the DM tells me that is the incorrect PW.

I unplugged my phone from the PC and unlocked the phone with the PW I set, unlocked no problem. Connect it back to PC while it is unlocked, and the DM is asking me for PW again and I type the same one as I do to unlock my BB on the phone itself, incorrect password.

What the heck is going on that my PW is not working on DM?
    10-03-08 09:27 PM
    Did you make sure your cap lock is not on? I know but I had to ask.
    10-03-08 09:31 PM
    its all numbers.

And got off the phone with Sprint support. What a #$%^ing lovely lady I got on the phone, my first day on the service.

So now my Blackberry is being wiped out, this is just #@$%ing wonderful.

Can anyone tell me why this happened?

I got to the point where it asked me to enter "Blackberry" first, I did that, then it asks to type my PW, I did that, it even showed the characters (Not masked by asterisks) and I entered it correctly, and it still told me it was wrong. Why?
    Last edited by Bowersdmstech; 10-03-08 at 09:58 PM.
    10-03-08 09:34 PM
    its all numbers.

And got off the phone with Sprint support. What a #$%^ing lovely lady I got on the phone, my first day on the service.

So now my Blackberry is being wiped out, this is just #@$%ing wonderful.

Can anyone tell me why this happened?

I got to the point where it asked me to enter "Blackberry" first, I did that, then it asks to type my PW, I did that, it even showed the characters (Not masked by asterisks) and I entered it correctly, and it still told me it was wrong. Why?
    If you aren't hitting the Alt key while typing the numbers, you're really using letters for your password, not numbers. Did you try typing the letters that correspond to the numbers on the device? For example, if you've been typing the numbers 1234 on your BB to unlock your phone, try the letters "wers" on the desktop keyboard.

I *almost* made the same mistake my first week with my Curve. I figured it out at attempt 9.
    10-04-08 07:34 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD