not only am i a new bb 8330 user, i am new to smart phones. will i get used to using such a small keyboard? it seems so cumbersome to type on and i don't think i'll ever be able to drive and dial like i could on my plain jane cell phone. any feedback will be greatly appreciated! maybe this phone just isn't for me. (and, no, i don't think my fingers are bigger than anybody elses).
    08-03-09 10:13 AM
    not only am i a new bb 8330 user, i am new to smart phones. will i get used to using such a small keyboard? it seems so cumbersome to type on and i don't think i'll ever be able to drive and dial like i could on my plain jane cell phone. any feedback will be greatly appreciated! maybe this phone just isn't for me. (and, no, i don't think my fingers are bigger than anybody elses).
    Trust me you'll get used to it.

I have big hands & fingers and I have no problems dialing or typing.
    08-03-09 10:17 AM
    I thought the exact same thing before I got my curve but it grows on you typing is definitely a lot easier after spending a few hours playing around with the phone.

Good luck!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 10:17 AM
    Big hands and have gotten use to it. Driving and typing is a problem but as we know shouldn't be doing it anyway so I tend to what til I'm stopped.

08-03-09 11:15 AM
    I was worried about the same thing before buying my 8330. I went from the LG Voyager that has a great size keyboard to the BB. Took me about 2 days of playing around, but now I can type pretty quickly on it, driving or not. And to get used to the trackball, learn and love Brickbreaker. Brickbreaker also works well as a sobriety test. If you're winning, drink more.
    08-03-09 11:19 AM
    My dad and brother and I all have big hands/fingers and we all have BBs - no problem at all. It's easy to adapt to the change, you'll get the hang of it soon enough!
    08-03-09 12:38 PM
    I had no problem adapting to my Berry's keyboard, which is a huge step up from that of the Kyocera Wild Card.

08-03-09 02:16 PM
    I love the keyboard on the curve all in time i can drive and type very easy now it all happens over time.
    08-03-09 03:18 PM
    You'll get used to it in no time I promise

08-03-09 04:04 PM
    The bb layout is just like a pcs keyboard..once you get used to it you will never go back.

Hint: Hold a letter down and it will cap the letter... And space bar twice places a period
    08-03-09 04:08 PM
    driving and dialing? bad bad bad =)

just type the first few letters of the name u want to call. faster than dialing
    08-03-09 04:53 PM
    When I upgraded to my BB Curve 8320 in April from a 3 year old Nokia flip phone, I thought I would never get used to the keyboard. After 3 text messages, I was hooked! Typing is much faster with the qwerty, and I make less typos now that my old phone. How in the world did I ever survive before my Berry? The undertaker will have to pry it out of my cold dead hands!!
    08-05-09 03:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD