I've been surfing around Crackberry for the last 3 days hunting for the answer to this problem. I'll explain from the top.

Blackberry Curve 8320 working great for 13 months, then charged overnight, went to turn on, the dreaded spinning egg timer! Fun.

I researched that using Apploader with /nojvm would reload my OS, so tried - but would not 'Reconnect to JVM'.

Lots of people with this issue, so decided to investigate further. It turns out that wiping the BB and reinstalling the OS was the way to go, I tried alsorts of different wild and wonderful programs that wouldnt connect, wouldnt load - just wouldnt. I then came across MFI Multiloader and used it to do a 'Full Erase' with the plan to reload the OS afterwards.

However, now when I try plugging my BB into my PC and my Laptop it is not being detected at all in Device Manager. No hardware device found at all.

I have a flashing red light on the phone and needless to say it doesnt switch on. I also retried Apploader expecting to see it connect that way, but nothing, nadda, sweet FA!

Has anyone (most have had similar) experienced this and how can I force my PC's to find a borked BB?!

All help/suggestions hugely appreciated of course.
    10-23-10 11:37 AM
    10-23-10 11:41 AM
    Tried that, but it all falls over when the 'connect Blackberry to computer' bit has to be done. It's not being detected at all.
    10-23-10 11:46 AM
    Hi Dejavu,

Try using BBSAK instead of the Desktop Manager to connect to your Blackberry,

you can download it here:

RIMGeeks.com • View topic - [Beta][10/25/09] BlackBerry Swiss Army Knife v1.7.0

Install software, open it, select "connect to device", the select "load os" to reload your OS.

Also, is your USB port still working? Have you tried connecting another device to you PC?
    Last edited by BBB78; 10-23-10 at 05:50 PM.
    10-23-10 05:45 PM
    I have tried my BB on 2 different machines. I also gave BSAK v1.8.5 a pop - still zip.

I have a feeling that MFI has literally wiped EVERYTHING from the BB and even borked the USB connectivity, is this even possible?
    10-23-10 07:33 PM
    As I suggested before, try another USB device to test your USB port (like a mouse or something similar) to see if the PC responds.
    If you USB works try the following:

Launch the Loader.exe and once it launches (there's a blank box next to "connection:") plug your blackberry in, then pull the battery out of the blackberry, wait a bit and then put your battery back in and wait for your blackberry to start booting up, after a few minutes try this process again, and hopefully somewhere in the process it might connect.

fingers crossed
    10-24-10 03:00 AM
    Seems under no circumstances Windows is going to detect this BB, no tada's when plugging it in.

Tried all sorts and starting to come around to thinking I have a very expensive paper weight.
    10-24-10 09:33 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD