It started today, but I have an 8350i. Everything was working fine till today. I noticed while in conversation on the phone that all of a sudden, a call will be cut off but NOT DISCONNECTED. I look at the screen, and I see the send and recieve arrows instead of the coverage bars. It shows its sending and recieving a few times, and then the call goes back to normal.
    A couple of times today, while on a phone call, my customers were talking and would get "cut off" in mid sentence, and as soon as the send and recieve arrows stopped, I could hear them again if they were still talking. If they werent talking, I missed their conversation from where it got cut off.
    Its beginning to be irritating. Anyone out there know what this could be or what I could do to rectify this? I already tried a battery pull but it still didnt change anything....
    HELP?
    03-17-09 10:29 PM
    (from your description) you are losing your signal or @ least your signal strength. Maybe a little tune-up from your local Sprint tech store might be in order. Doubt if its a feature problem, sounds like a device issue.
    03-17-09 10:38 PM
    Make sure you have the newest OS on your device.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f137/ne...-128-a-175924/
    03-17-09 10:41 PM
    Yes....I have the latest OS.....been up to date on that. Sorry...I forgot to mention that.....
    03-17-09 10:43 PM
    I remain skeptical as to whether or not data is actually the cause of your issue. But there is a quick way to find out for sure by turning off data services. My terms may be a little off but I'm sure you can find your way around.

Go to Options > Mobile Network. Set data services to off. Do this for a few hours to see if you continue having the issue or not. If you do continue to have an issue, you may want to ask for a new device in attempt to resolve the problem. Short of that, there isn't really anything else you can do.
    03-17-09 10:56 PM
    This a tough one...I was thinking data, but usually it doesnt interfere with phone calls. I am going to the SPRINT store tomorrow, and ask for a new one. Mind you that this phone has never been dropped or mistreated. Just one of those things I guess....Thanks !
    03-17-09 11:05 PM
    i have noticed that when you are on a call you get the Tx/Rx arrows. mine did something like that yesterday. i was talking to someone and all a sudden my signal strength went to 0!!! as soon as i hung up went back to full bars. weird huh, just 1 time
    03-18-09 06:08 AM
    My phone did that, went black but flashed a red led light twice. Then it turned back on and went to the home screed.
    03-18-09 08:59 PM
    When I turned on my 8350i this morning, instead of service bars, I have (in red) SOS. Any ideas? New OS, bills paid, etc. Phone has no service at all and calls to it result in a message "we're sorry, your call cannot be completed as dialed, please check the number, etc."

**Disregard, I underpaid my bill last week by $.28< so they suspended me. Sweet. **
    Last edited by cigarjim; 03-19-09 at 09:24 AM.
    03-19-09 08:43 AM
    This happend to me when my batter drained all the way out. Go to menu>manage connections and make sure that you connections are turned on. Mine got switched off I guess when the battery got to low to support certain operation.
    03-19-09 09:09 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD