I have two new curve 8530's, both are showing my location as Canada. In on the eact coast in VA not canada. Facebook wont let my wife on without verifing on the laptop, gps doesnt work and app world tells me that some app are only available in the US? Please help.
    07-02-10 07:25 AM
    After 30 minutes on the phone to vzw and 50 minutes with blackberry ts with not fix I think I figured it out. In my options menu under gps, my phone was set to E911 only usage. I changed it to location and went outside and used find location "where am I." It pulled up my address and all seens to be working now. I hope this helps someone else. I realize that 99.9% of my problem are because I've only had a blackberry for two days and honestly dont know what I'm doing so I cant blame the device.
    07-02-10 10:26 AM
    After 30 minutes on the phone to vzw and 50 minutes with blackberry ts with not fix I think I figured it out. In my options menu under gps, my phone was set to E911 only usage. I changed it to location and went outside and used find location "where am I." It pulled up my address and all seens to be working now. I hope this helps someone else. I realize that 99.9% of my problem are because I've only had a blackberry for two days and honestly dont know what I'm doing so I cant blame the device.
    First I'm glad you got it sorted out and Welcome to Crackberry. May I suggest looking here:

http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101-how-lecture-series

Tons of great information for your BB and again, welcome to the forum.
    07-02-10 04:56 PM
    First I'm glad you got it sorted out and Welcome to Crackberry. May I suggest looking here:

BlackBerry 101 How-To Lecture Series | CrackBerry.com

Tons of great information for your BB and again, welcome to the forum.
    No wories. Welcome to CB. Have to start as a newbie !! We all have. I was lucky. Had to learn due to selling them. But didn't have one myself at that time. But have now for quite awhile. You will get hooked fast

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-04-10 12:10 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD