I used to have the keyboard lock option set for my right conv key. I installed the new OS update and poof...conv key is nothing now, and when I went to reset it, I cannot even find a keyboard lock on my phone anywhere! Please help, I'm calling people all the time, not good!!! I have a new curve and Sprint, by the way!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-22-10 12:56 AM
    try holding A down.
    05-22-10 01:01 AM
    I've noticed this, Since I'm running 5.0.0.610
    Locking with * does make the screen black, but doesn't password lock. (same with the upper left lock button)..

I have to wait 1 minute now before it is password protected..

I'm going to install OS 5.0.0.681 now. Lets see what happens.
    05-24-10 04:30 AM
    I'm guessing that all 5.0 starting from the .509 have the same lock issue.

OS V5.0.0.411 doesn't have this feature. So when you press the Lock button it locks with a password and the mute button is for Standby same as before
    05-24-10 06:14 AM
    I've just updated like mentioned before, and the problem is still here. Thinking of downgrading to 5.0.0.411 now..

does someone else have a fix for this ?
    05-24-10 06:30 AM
    I don't think so

all you can do is go back to .411. > The DM won't let you to downgade and you might have problems using the loader.exe

OS 5.0.0.411 Download Link > http://m.crackberry.com/official-bla...tiple-carriers

CrackMem Download Link ( File is attached there ) > http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/crac...eleased-52044/

make sure you uninstall all previous OSs from your PC and then install the .411

Installation Procedure : > http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/up...1/#post5130322
    Last edited by Ahmed G.; 05-24-10 at 07:17 AM.
    05-24-10 07:11 AM
    Locking with * does make the screen black, but doesn't password lock. (same with the upper left lock button)..

alt + enter to password lock

You guys need to do a search, this is the new standby/lock.
    05-24-10 07:43 AM

You guys need to do a search, this is the new standby/lock.
    I know it is .. but you have to wait for a minimum of 1 minute for it to lock with a password ( security timeout )
    >> .509 and above

where as the .411 locks immediately with a password
    05-24-10 01:12 PM
    They just moved, it, press (short press, don't hold it) k to lock. That's how they made it on the Bold, I assume it's the same on the Curve (?)
    05-24-10 01:32 PM
    conv key is nothing now, and when I went to reset it, I cannot even find a keyboard lock on my phone anywhere
    go to > options, screen/keyboard, scroll to right or left convenience key opens > and select '' Password Lock ''

it shows on mine !
    05-24-10 01:38 PM
    go to > options, screen/keyboard, scroll to right or left convenience key opens > and select '' Password Lock ''

it shows on mine !
    Hmm doesn't show on mine too bad
    05-24-10 02:59 PM
    same here. but if you lock the keys by holding down *, what do you have to press to unlock them?
    05-24-10 07:46 PM
    someone please tell me. i need to know how to unlock my keys after locking them lol
    05-27-10 06:07 PM
    someone please tell me. i need to know how to unlock my keys after locking them lol
    Press the lock key on top at the left. That will unlock it. (You may need to enter password if password is enabled). If you are using the later version of the OS, lock key does not password lock anymore as indicated above and in many threads, but pressing the lock key starts the unlocking process.
    Last edited by E-Phone; 05-27-10 at 11:40 PM.
    05-27-10 11:37 PM
    nono, without the lock keys. on os4.6 i removed the lock key and used to lock with * and unlock with * and then call answer. on 5.0 i can not unlock wit * and call answer anymore, and need to know how to do so without the lock key
    05-28-10 04:38 AM
    thanks for the help
    05-28-10 07:17 AM
    I noticed the same lame problem. What gives with BB changing this sort of thing without any notice!? I have a lot less faith in BB now and certainly won't be upgrading any OS in the future, let alone buying more apps. I now have to re-register all my 3rd party apps. What a waste of time.
    05-28-10 08:21 PM
    Working as intended. It locks but doesnt ask for a password. Been this way for the last few sw upgrades.
    05-28-10 09:44 PM
    nono, without the lock keys. on os4.6 i removed the lock key and used to lock with * and unlock with * and then call answer. on 5.0 i can not unlock wit * and call answer anymore, and need to know how to do so without the lock key
    somone pleeease help me ^^^
    05-29-10 11:52 AM
    So there's no way to lock the keyboard in v5 like holding "k" in v4?
    05-29-10 05:02 PM
    there is but i need to know how to unlock
    05-29-10 06:50 PM
    I noticed the same lame problem. What gives with BB changing this sort of thing without any notice!? I have a lot less faith in BB now and certainly won't be upgrading any OS in the future, let alone buying more apps. I now have to re-register all my 3rd party apps. What a waste of time.
    LOL what did you want, a memo?
    05-29-10 07:33 PM
    somone pleeease help me ^^^
    You have to hit the media Key. If it is anything like the last two blackberries I have had, the media key is on the top middle, if you look at the top of the BB. You know, look at the top where the softkeys are, the middle one with a play/pause icon on it, with a slash through a speaker... that is it.

I know it is .. but you have to wait for a minimum of 1 minute for it to lock with a password ( security timeout )
    >> .509 and above

where as the .411 locks immediately with a password

same here. but if you lock the keys by holding down *, what do you have to press to unlock them?
    Make sure you have passwords enabled, now go either hold down A or go into options>screen/keyboard and go down to one of your convenience keys, there will NOW be an option for 'Password Lock'. and Fizzle7, Read the BB prompt, it says 'hit the mute button to unlock it', mute being also the media key, otherwise known as the 'hey music! start, now stop, now start!' key. Great for playing 'Green Light, Red Light' with the kids.

They just moved, it, press (short press, don't hold it) k to lock. That's how they made it on the Bold, I assume it's the same on the Curve (?)
    Doesn't work unless you disable 'dial from homescreen' under Options>Phone Options>General Options. Even then, it doesn't work on all phone models.

I personally liked 4.6 better, my phones default T-Mobile OS. I loved that you could lock the keyboard without need for locking the phone with a password. Now I have to sit there and make a password because I feel obligated once it asks me to input one to actually... make a password that is hard to figure out... my anal-ness... and also, now I have a viewable voicebox! no more having to dial my number to get to my messages to delete them, listen to them, see how long they are, or who they are from... also audio postcard and video mail is a nice touch with OS5
    Last edited by TrueBooleanFalse; 05-30-10 at 10:23 PM. Reason: adding my two pennies worth on the subject
    05-30-10 10:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD