I updated my BB software via BB desktop last night (as automatically prompted by the desktop software), and noticed this morning that the red star new message indicators are no longer visible under the same circumstances as pre-update.

I have 4 mailboxes- one for "all mail", 2 for separate email boxes, and an SMS mailbox. The all mail mail box displays the red star when I have new messages, but the other 3 no longer display it. The new mail is visible in the 3 separate mailboxes when I enter.

Any suggestions to make the red stars visible on the 3 mailboxes when I receive new mail? Thanks.
    06-08-09 06:07 AM
    Go to messages>menu>options>general options>display new message indicator: YES is what it should be set to.
    06-08-09 06:20 AM
    Go to messages>menu>options>general options>display new message indicator: YES is what it should be set to.
    "Display new message" is set to "Yes" for all of the mailboxes, and the indicator (star) still does not appear.

Any other suggestions?
    06-08-09 06:33 AM
    have you tried a battery pull?
    06-08-09 06:37 AM
    have you tried a battery pull?
    Yes, I pulled the battery.
    06-08-09 06:40 AM
    Try resending the service books? Or re-registering via host routing table? Options --> advanced options --> host routing table --> scroll down to highlight the bold line and clicking on it or I think you can just hit menu and "register now".
    06-09-09 04:29 AM
    I had this issue, and posted about it before - this is the only thread I could find quickly about it again, but I got a new Tour yesterday and all of my stars are now working properly again: I was just going to suggest resending the books too - please post if this works, I'm afraid my stars are going to go missing again and I want to know how to fix it!
    08-12-09 04:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD