Can anyone advice on how to get rid of the new message indicator from the home screen? when I get a new message and read it, the little red asterix does not go away until you move the icons in the applications screen and then it fails to show once you've done that.
    06-01-10 08:10 AM
    Oh, that happens all the time.
    Sometime, just leave it alone. It might go away on its own.
    Or try doing a battery pull.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-10 08:25 PM
    Try doing battery pull. If it always does it, updating the OS would fix it.
    06-01-10 09:10 PM
    I've a battery pull so many times but it doesnt work, also tried updating to a new OS but having problems doing that as well. I download the new OS and save on my computer but when i launch desktop manager and connect my phone it doesnt seem to find it.
    06-02-10 06:51 AM
    Search your messages for "Unread", it may be that you have one somewhere that is not showing.
    06-02-10 08:00 AM
    I've a battery pull so many times but it doesnt work, also tried updating to a new OS but having problems doing that as well. I download the new OS and save on my computer but when i launch desktop manager and connect my phone it doesnt seem to find it.
    You actually have to install that exe before you can do anything...

Pay a visit to the 101s (link on sig) for the how to on updating os.
    06-02-10 08:10 AM
    You actually have to install that exe before you can do anything...

Pay a visit to the 101s (link on sig) for the how to on updating os.
    I did download it the exe so many times but it still doesnt work,
    06-02-10 08:29 AM
    I don't know why people think they need to "update" their OS every time a problem occurs. Ask yourself this real quick shaqeer1, have you downloaded any themes and are you currently using one now? Are you running any apps that constantly run and update every so often.
    If you have answered yes to any of these then you need to stop using either, switch back to the stock theme and delete the 3rd party app. pull the batter for at least 45 seconds and then restart. hook it up to the desktop manager and let it update on its own, after that do another batter pull for 45 seconds and see your results,,, oh also before you do all the battery pulls try deleting all messages and missed calls and such also check to see if you have email.
    Last edited by butter11; 06-02-10 at 12:10 PM.
    06-02-10 12:08 PM
    I don't know why people think they need to "update" their OS every time a problem occurs. Ask yourself this real quick shaqeer1, have you downloaded any themes and are you currently using one now? Are you running any apps that constantly run and update every so often.
    If you have answered yes to any of these then you need to stop using either, switch back to the stock theme and delete the 3rd party app. pull the batter for at least 45 seconds and then restart. hook it up to the desktop manager and let it update on its own, after that do another batter pull for 45 seconds and see your results,,, oh also before you do all the battery pulls try deleting all messages and missed calls and such also check to see if you have email.
    I have a weather app which is about the only one that runs and updates every so often.i'm currently using a theme that i made myself and please what are 3rd party apps and stock themes?
    06-03-10 04:46 AM
    I have a weather app which is about the only one that runs and updates every so often.i'm currently using a theme that i made myself and please what are 3rd party apps and stock themes?
    Third party apps are any YOU put in the phone. Yahoo Messenger, Gmail app, Yahoo app.

Stock themes are the Precision themes that are default on the Berry.

If you've got BB App world installed, check that. I had to delete that dang program. It kept upgrading and draining my memory. It'll show a message icon looking thing on the home screen if it needs to be updated.

Also check your saved messages. Sometimes if you save a message but don't read it, it disappears from the regular screen but still shows an icon as it needs to be read.

Edit - to get to saved messages BB button --> Messages (the envelope) --> BB button --> view saved messages
    Last edited by ColdSunshine; 06-03-10 at 02:41 PM. Reason: Edit info
    06-03-10 02:40 PM
    Third party apps are any YOU put in the phone. Yahoo Messenger, Gmail app, Yahoo app.

Stock themes are the Precision themes that are default on the Berry.

If you've got BB App world installed, check that. I had to delete that dang program. It kept upgrading and draining my memory. It'll show a message icon looking thing on the home screen if it needs to be updated.

Also check your saved messages. Sometimes if you save a message but don't read it, it disappears from the regular screen but still shows an icon as it needs to be read.

Edit - to get to saved messages BB button --> Messages (the envelope) --> BB button --> view saved messages
    thanks for clarifying that for me.i have done all that but it still persists.it only foes away after i've moved the icons round in the application screen and then it doesnt show again in the home screen even when there is a new message
    06-03-10 04:47 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD