I've just got a Curve 8520 of my friend who was on orange contract and i've just had it unlocked but it wont let me send texts or make calls etc, even though its been unlocked should it do this. i seen the guy in the shop have an o2 sim card in with it working. do i need to reset the phone or anything.

PLEASE HELP

Dom
    07-01-10 07:12 AM
    did the person you got it from have it released from their acct including the pin?
    07-01-10 07:46 AM
    the phone was wiped when i got it, and the guy in the shop had it workign with his o2 sim card but mine wont work :/
    07-01-10 07:52 AM
    May seem a silly question but is the sim card your using a new one or one you've had in a previous phone?

Reason I'm asking is, some new orange sim cards have to be registered before you can make calls and send texts.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-01-10 09:58 AM
    Well here is a follow up question, obviously the SIM card that the rep used has all the options, but what options did you purchase for the SIM card that is now in the phone? Unlocking a phone doesn't give you service or options, it just allows you to use other carrier's SIM cards.
    07-01-10 08:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD