Hello. I just upgraded from my old curve to the new 8900. I really like it so far but I have a few questions. I live in atlanta which has 3G service. Should I take the 8900 back and trade it in on a bold to have 3G? Is the edge service that much slower?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 11:45 AM
    I'd have to say that if you NEED 3G you should have purchased a Bold... if you want a device with better camera, memory, screen resolution, all in a smaller package, than the 8900 is your best bet... my 8900 on Wifi will out perform a Bold on 3G.
    09-04-09 11:55 AM
    I wouldn't say that I needed 3g... It might be nice to have, depending on jow much faster it is. I
    For the record I got the phone for free, the bold would cost me around 200
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-04-09 12:00 PM
    I'd have to say that if you NEED 3G you should have purchased a Bold... if you want a device with better camera, memory, screen resolution, all in a smaller package, than the 8900 is your best bet... my 8900 on Wifi will out perform a Bold on 3G.
    LMFAO so what the Bold cant get on WiFi?
    biased much?
    screen resolution difference...not apparent to the naked eye
    better camera......they are both crappy
    more memory.....usefull if you have 50+ applications on your phone..(not very likely)
    smaller than the Bold.....cramped keyboard....great for small girly hands though
    3G allows simultaneous data and voice and is faster than EDGE
    09-04-09 12:10 PM
    biased much?
    more memory.....usefull if you have 50+ applications on your phone..(not very likely)
    smaller than the Bold.....cramped keyboard....great for small girly hands though
    Nope. I agree with the other poster. Unless you really have a thing for 3G, then the 8900 is the better phone. I went from a 2mp camera to this 3.2mp and I definitely notice the difference. No way I'm trading in my 8900 just to get 3G.
    09-04-09 12:43 PM
    biased much?
    Regaurdless of what you say, everything the OP said was correct, the screen has a better resolution, it has more memory and it is more compfortable to be in your hand because of the size. So by restating everything you just proved their point..
    09-04-09 12:58 PM
    biased much?
    LMAO... biased much - yourself?????

If the only real thing you can come up with is simultaneous data and voice... LOL!!! I guess if it really mattered and I had to surf and talk at the same time, AND I did NOT have Wifi, you might have an advantage... personally, I never found the need to do both at the same time... but I work in a Wifi area, and I have Wifi at home... guess what... I can simultaneously data and voice over Wifi.... and with T-Mobile I can also use UMA and surf at the same time
    09-04-09 01:18 PM
    biased much?
    Op is correct I think the 8900 is a better phone than the bold...
    09-04-09 03:54 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD