Good Evening guys, Im hoping to get some advice from you guys around my new 8350i. I upgraded to this phone from the i880 on friday but when I tried to update it that eveining using the DM on Windows seven it got stuck on the loading JVM and software screen for 3hours with no error or progress, needless to say the phone became bricked it had a blinking red light and nothing else. I went back to Best Buy and they swapped it out. Now the only other computer I have is windows Vista and Im afraid to try to do the updat again becuase I don't want the same result. I tried doing it over the air through wifi but it keeps saying insufficuent wireless coverage (too big of a file maybe?). So Im back to my original issue it seems that I can only update it through Vista but should I be concerned? Please any help would be appreciated.
    03-14-09 09:10 PM
    well i am on vista and i have updated and downgraded with no flaws!
    03-14-09 09:50 PM
    Good Evening guys, Im hoping to get some advice from you guys around my new 8350i. I upgraded to this phone from the i880 on friday but when I tried to update it that eveining using the DM on Windows seven it got stuck on the loading JVM and software screen for 3hours with no error or progress, needless to say the phone became bricked it had a blinking red light and nothing else. I went back to Best Buy and they swapped it out. Now the only other computer I have is windows Vista and Im afraid to try to do the updat again becuase I don't want the same result. I tried doing it over the air through wifi but it keeps saying insufficuent wireless coverage (too big of a file maybe?). So Im back to my original issue it seems that I can only update it through Vista but should I be concerned? Please any help would be appreciated.
    Something About Win 7 will not work....I went through the same thing on my laptop and desktop, both running Win 7, one 32bit and 1 64bit. Sorry, cant explain why, I just could not get it to work. It always got stuck at that same spot. Worked fine on my laptop dual boot on Vista X64 as well as my Wife's XP X64.
    I'm sure it will be worked out before a Retail release, but for now we will have to do it on Vista or XP.
    03-15-09 12:12 AM
    is windows 7 even up 4 sale yet? i doubt there arent compatibility issues with alot of softwares!
    03-15-09 01:20 AM
    well ill give it a shot today on vista
    03-15-09 03:36 AM
    Win 7 is still in beta.

I run DM on both my machine at work (XP) and home (Vista 64 bit) without any problems.
    03-15-09 06:40 AM
    Well it worked so I'm going to roll my laptop back to vista

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-15-09 09:11 AM
    Well it worked so I'm going to roll my laptop back to vista

Glad it worked! How are you liking the 8350?
    03-15-09 09:47 AM
    yeah... beta OS from microsoft is really a way to show it off and get bugs reported! has there been any luck with other programs?
    03-15-09 10:38 AM
    I'm loving the blackberry so far. I had a treo prior but hated it. As far as windows 7 goes I have had no complaints up until now, it runs much better then vista.

03-15-09 11:10 AM
    well its vista without the extra bs right! smooth and snappy?
    03-15-09 11:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD