Hello, I have a new icon which has appeared in my sms messages and on device mail folder. On the header in the upper left corner there is a black number 1 with a black circle next to it. In the circle there is an arrow that points down to the left and there is a small red star in the upper right corner of the circle. I have called verizon and spoke to 2 tech support guys, but they had no idea. Thank you for any help you can give me.
    08-03-09 09:08 AM
    App world update msg maybe?
    08-03-09 11:28 AM
    i have already updated app world. on a side n ote, what a bunch of problems with app world loading correctly.
    08-03-09 11:34 AM
    Sounds like it might be from an app. Do any of your apps need an update or receive mssgs? Took me about 2 hours to figure out that my AP news app needed an update when a rouge icon popped up on my screen.
    08-03-09 11:38 AM
    i have already updated all of my apps,and the icon is still there. thanks
    08-03-09 11:52 AM
    Download Captureit, upload the pic so we can figure out what it could be?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-03-09 12:14 PM
    It is a notification from App World that your programs that you've downloaded have updates available(the number represents the amount of programs that have updates). Once you've downloaded the updates the notification still appears on your home screen until you delete the notifications that appear in you main message folder. Hope this helps.
    08-03-09 12:48 PM
    I have dopwnloaded all of the app updates from app world. The only app that doesn't acknowledge that the update was done is viigo. The notification isn't on my home screen though, its on the top of my sms and device email screen. I will submit a screen shot of the page with the icon tuesday morning. Thanks to everyone that is trying to help me out!
    08-03-09 02:10 PM
    I had that today as well. FINALLY i saw the * on BB app world and clicked on it. then a new message popped into my messages folder. Then the icon went away.
    08-03-09 04:13 PM
    i tried to attach hope it works. i have never received a notice from app world. i did update app world, but the icon still lives on. the icon is in the upper left corner. thank you all again
    08-04-09 10:08 AM
    That actually just happened to me today and I've been driving myself insane trying to deal with it for the last hour lol. Anyhow here's whaty I did, I updated App World, then when the icon refused to go away I shut it down, removed the battery, put it back in and powered it back up. So far the icon is gone. Only thing I can figure it the initial reboot didn't clear the notification, so a second "power cycle" or "reboot" is needed to get it to go through. I hope this helps, take care. Chad
    08-08-09 12:28 PM
    Same thing here after updating App World and it was driving me insane.

The weird part was it initially only appeared on my work email, which is thru MS Exchange and I thought it was a calendar event, but later on today it appeared on all email accounts and while on the web browser.

Finally after searching here and doing another Quickpull, it is gone.

App World is getting to be a real pain and everytime they update some new problem happens...............
    08-08-09 03:10 PM
    THANK YOU!!! I thought I was alone...haha. Been driving me nuts for about a day and a half now. I'm funny about clearing all the notifications off. I'm gonna go check right now.
    08-08-09 11:38 PM
    Its in there hiding...lol I found it in messages (not sms, not email acts, just under "messages")

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 08:47 AM
    yea it was the buzzme app... i upgraded it. an after the message appeared on messages..... its app world... go to my world an click on every app you have. to check if they have an upgrade
    08-09-09 11:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD