For those who have replaced their housing I have a question.

Do the normal housing replacements come with a new screen? Not the screen itself, but the plastic over it (that normally gets scratched slightly in your pocket, etc?)

Just curious. I'm about to order a new housing + back pin and just curious what I'll be replacing since the pictures are hard to tell.
    09-01-09 12:59 AM
    Best thing to do when in doubt is to email the seller and ask exactly what is included.

You should also ask if the foam gasket that seals the gap between the lens and LCD is included. Most times you need to buy this on your own. I know gsm4world sells the gasket.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-01-09 01:05 AM
    Yea he is right. I've seen some that do and some that don't.

09-01-09 03:07 AM
    Some do and some dont. You should be able to find exactly what you're looking for tho. I ordered a new housing for my 8320 and it came with the new lens already attacted to the face plate and the plastic was on it.
    09-01-09 08:02 AM
    I've bought 2 different housings from different websites and neither came with screws...
    09-01-09 08:09 AM
    Best thing to do when in doubt is to email the seller and ask exactly what is included.

You should also ask if the foam gasket that seals the gap between the lens and LCD is included. Most times you need to buy this on your own. I know gsm4world sells the gasket.

That is very important. My housing unit didn't come with the foam gasket and since my phone is now "old" to me that doesn't bother me, but you should make sure it has that.
    09-01-09 08:23 AM
    I've bought 2 different housings from different websites and neither came with screws...
    i think you are to use existing screws
    09-02-09 09:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD