Hi all -
    I'm new here and looking to get the 8900. Granted I'm drawn to the Iphone like many others, specifically for the large screen. However I feel comfortable typing with keys as opposed to pecking at a screen.

A large part of my "want" for my new personal phone is the Internet. I visit many forums as part of a side business I own. I was curious how reading forums and visiting sites were on the 8900? Do the pages render to the screenwidth? Are pages exceedingly difficult to read due to the screensize?

Any input on the internet as well as how often you use your 8900 to browse would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!
    02-01-09 11:41 AM
    Welcome to the crack. I have a curve 8310 and I do not have to many issues as far as the web goes. It should be even better on the 8900 but I would say that you should get Opera Mini if you can. Its free but I am not sure if it is ready for the 8900 yet. Again Welcome to the Crack
    02-01-09 11:48 AM
    Hi all -
    I'm new here and looking to get the 8900. Granted I'm drawn to the Iphone like many others, specifically for the large screen. However I feel comfortable typing with keys as opposed to pecking at a screen.

A large part of my "want" for my new personal phone is the Internet. I visit many forums as part of a side business I own. I was curious how reading forums and visiting sites were on the 8900? Do the pages render to the screenwidth? Are pages exceedingly difficult to read due to the screensize?

Any input on the internet as well as how often you use your 8900 to browse would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!

They are soo amazing! I was on the phone with the T-mobile tech support and he was even amazed at how the web browing and pages load up and look. It looks like your computer and what's so cool is that there is a maginifying glass that allows you to make your pages on your phone larger!

You will love this phone and welcome to Crackberry the best place on the planet bar none
    Last edited by Msvoluptous; 02-01-09 at 12:07 PM.
    02-01-09 11:58 AM
    Opera min works on the 8900 just fine, but I use the native browser. Visiting webpages is a dream with the 8900. It goes everywhere, quickly. It downloads and streams content as well. Great little device.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-01-09 11:58 AM
    Great Thank you all for the wonderful welcome and awesome input. I was worried that the smaller screen of the 8900 makes it very difficult to read any pages. However from what I'm reading the screen resolution makes a significant difference.

I have the new itouch and like the screen size, however again not too big of a fan of pecking at a screen.
    02-01-09 12:09 PM
    i use default browser as well, it is good, i choose this phone over iPhone because higher res screen allow me to see more, physical keyboard because i do not like use on screen keyboard of iPhone because always make mistake, camera is also better, and i like UMA

for browse website iPhone is good because zoom in zoom out is very nice but my main problem is like you do not like peck the screen
    02-01-09 01:18 PM
    I myself post on many forums (not just CB), and using my 8900 to do so is very easy, even if the forums do not have a mobile site.

Browsing/loading is really fast as well, even though it's an EDGE phone. If you disable JavaScript, it would load even FASTER. I am very pleased.
    02-01-09 01:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD