Google Maps still uses Tower for me...shows me WAY out, but I've gotten used to it by now.

thanks, that is what i thought. "statdoc" either does not have an "M" or does not know how Google maps should work.
    08-01-09 01:01 AM
    Had time and installed BB Weather. Working fine so far on my hybrid ( maybe the hybrid files allow it to work for me )
    ok, finally had time to go back to .131 and BB Weather installed. dont know what the problem was. maybe not compatible?
    Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-01-09 04:43 AM
    thanks, that is what i thought. "statdoc" either does not have an "M" or does not know how Google maps should work.
    Tahoedan, I do have an "m", thanks. What I did do incorrectly with my earlier post was not be as specific as you apparently require. I was in a hurry, and simply wanted to pass along my initial impressions after installing the new OS.

Google maps works as well/badly as it did before. I can only assume it is still using towers, rather than the GPS. However, I was inside a building at the time I tested it, so I wasn't sure. The other two programs were much more accurate.
    08-01-09 08:38 AM
    Since I updated to 4.5.0.160 The phone will no longer go into standby when you hold down the mute key? Any one else having this problem?
    08-01-09 10:56 AM
    Since I updated to 4.5.0.160 The phone will no longer go into standby when you hold down the mute key? Any one else having this problem?
    Works for me.
    08-01-09 03:50 PM
    Still works for me too.

As far as Gmaps, yes, it still uses towers. Not to offend anyone, I just wish they would fix it already.

After a few days, I am actually impressed with this build. I've had NO problems after the initial day. Batt pull fixed it. Lol

Nice and fast.

08-01-09 06:14 PM
    I upgraded today from .138 and I have definitely seen an increase in stability and speed with my data. The true test will be tomorrow at work. So far so good!!!

08-02-09 07:52 PM
    Well...its been over a week, and the thing is still going strong. Looks like a good OS for me.

08-07-09 12:48 AM
    A slightly better signal at work, and the call timer is back, so I'm happy with this os

08-07-09 07:48 AM
    i recently have had issues with 160 going from 1XEV-1xev-1x-plain old ev. can someone help me determine what the issue is?
    30b73724-my pin
    Preach

08-07-09 08:42 AM
    I'm gonna be rolling back to 138 tonight. The freaking disappearing signal bar issue is back with a vengeance. Now they disappear the second I start using data and don't come back till after the data conection closes.

Wish I could keep it cuz it solves the sticking to roaming problem, but the signal bar issue drives me NUTS.

08-07-09 04:16 PM
    Is it just my phone, or is anyone else getting the prompt for which line to use when retrieving voice mail?
    08-12-09 06:45 AM
    So far I've still not had any problems with this OS.

The 1XEV, 1xev, 1X & 1x is just what network it is running on. The uppercase letters mean that it is currently connected to the BIS. Lowercase means that it "currently" isn't. Mine does it too, but as soon as I go to data, it goes uppercase immediately.

Other than that, and the signal bar being a little more sensitive, its been a very strong OS.

Sticky?

08-12-09 03:57 PM
    It has been a solid OS for me also. My GPS is even working again without any "special" features being applied to the phone.

Sticky? Probably should be. I found it on page 4.
    08-12-09 04:34 PM
    Does .160 help with the radio issues? My wife has gone through 3 8330m because of the radio signal just keeps disappearing in our house. My tour will be sitting right next to her phone and I keep a strong signal while I watch hers just disappear. They offered to give me an airave for free, but they're back ordered and wouldn't be able to get it to me until after my 30 days was up. I'm not going to wait until I'm stuck in my contract just to see if MAYBE the airave will work. If .160 helps with the radio, I'll install that tonight and give my wife the weekend to try it, but if it doesn't, then there's no point in me installing it.
    08-14-09 06:43 AM
    i recently have had issues with 160 going from 1XEV-1xev-1x-plain old ev. can someone help me determine what the issue is?
    30b73724-my pin
    Preach

This is a known problem of the .160 OS with the Verizon 8330. FYI, you are in the wrong thread, this is the 8330m thread. Verizon Curves are all 8330, irregardless of whether they have an MEID or ESN.
    08-14-09 06:47 AM
    Now my GPS no longer works. Is anyone's GPS working on the stock device?
    08-18-09 07:58 AM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD