Hey guys! I picked up a Curve 8330 yesterday! I'm lovin' it so far, but I'm really confused. I'm sure I'll pick it up with time, but for right now I have a few basic questions. I've tried to use the search feature without much success.

• How do I get rid of the Facebook application that came with the BB? Should I just hide it and not worry about it? It is not listed in my Applications list, so I'm not sure how to delete it.
    • I have downloaded "I Heart Radio" at my Alltel Rep's recomendation. How do I launch it? How does it work exactly?
    • How do I launch the music player to play the songs I have on the SD card? I've yet to find that feature.
    • Okay, on to the big question. Where is the great organizational tool that everyone raves about? One of the main reasons I upgraded was so that I could organize my calendar electronically, but I'm having a hard time so far. I'd like to add my "bills due" to the calendar, but I can't find a satisfactory way to do that. I don't want to make them due at a certain time, I just want to know that they're due that day, KWIM?
    • What about the application that allows me to have different color LED lights? Does that work? Is it hard to set up once I pay/download it? Will it flash a certain color for emails from gmail, appointment reminders, ect?
    • Anything else I should know? I'm just starting out and totally clueless!
    04-28-09 10:03 AM
    Congrats! Me too! (pink) I'm subbing to your thread and starting my own. I have been trying to make my own ringtones and have questions.
    04-28-09 10:05 AM
    Oh, they didn't offer me a pink one! I got the red, which I love, but I'd like to have had the pink option! :-)

Are you finding this darn thing as confusing as me?? I'm already totally in love though!
    04-28-09 10:09 AM
    You can't get rid of facebook...just hide it.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-28-09 10:21 AM
    I'm Verizon they could not have had it. The red is nice. I am getting the hang of it. Broke down and read the book. It helped some; but good to have CB! And yeah I love it!

04-28-09 10:29 AM
    Ok, lots of questions, so I'll see if you can get a few answers here.

For the music player, you click Media>and select songs.

The applications you don't use, create a fokder on your desktop, name it, drag and drop the unused icons into it, and then hide the folder. The icons you hid don't really take up space, they are mainly links to download the applications.

04-28-09 10:29 AM
    How annoying!
    04-28-09 10:30 AM
    Ooh, thanks so much! I didn't realize I could stuff them all into a folder and then I wouldn't have to worry about them anymore! Genius!

Now, how are you posting from your BB? I can get my browser to crackberry.com, but I've yet to figure out how to read the threads, much less get to this specific forum! It's so tiny!
    04-28-09 10:32 AM
    Hey guys! I picked up a Curve 8330 yesterday! I'm lovin' it so far, but I'm really confused. I'm sure I'll pick it up with time, but for right now I have a few basic questions. I've tried to use the search feature without much success.

• How do I get rid of the Facebook application that came with the BB? Should I just hide it and not worry about it? It is not listed in my Applications list, so I'm not sure how to delete it.

you should be able to go to options-advanced options and find it there. if you find it, hit the blackberry button and delete it. if it is not located in there then you dont have the app on your phone just the icon(facebook's way of hoping you will download it). if thats the case, just go to the icon on your homescreen hit the blackberry button and delete it from there. i hope that helps.
    • I have downloaded "I Heart Radio" at my Alltel Rep's recomendation. How do I launch it? How does it work exactly?

i also recommend IheartRadio also. Great App! to launch it just click on the icon on your homescreen and it should launch. once into the app just select from the choices of what you want to hear. follow this link for a tutorial:
    • How do I launch the music player to play the songs I have on the SD card? I've yet to find that feature.

to play music or view anything that is on your memory card you first have to go to Media, from there you have a couple of choices, being pictures, video, music, and ringtones
    • Okay, on to the big question. Where is the great organizational tool that everyone raves about? One of the main reasons I upgraded was so that I could organize my calendar electronically, but I'm having a hard time so far. I'd like to add my "bills due" to the calendar, but I can't find a satisfactory way to do that. I don't want to make them due at a certain time, I just want to know that they're due that day, KWIM?

there are a couple of ways to do this. first being to add each due date for your bills to your calendar individually which is very time consuming. another way to do this is to add all your due dates to your Tasks application which should be found on your home screen. The easiest way to do this(i recommend getting more used to the phone first) is to get a google Gmail account and use the calendar on your gmail account to fill in all your important dates(much easier to do on the computer than on your blackberry). after you have all your dates entered, you will need to download Google Sync for blackberry, found here: Google Mobile | Sync for your BlackBerry phone and once you download this app it will ask you your gmail username and password. once logged in you simply hit the blackberry button and select sync now. it will sync all your dates from your Gmail calendar to your Blackberry's calendar in about 2 minutes.
    • What about the application that allows me to have different color LED lights? Does that work? Is it hard to set up once I pay/download it? Will it flash a certain color for emails from gmail, appointment reminders, ect?

Yes this app works. i have it on my storm. it is very easy to set up.(very simple app). you can set different colors for different reminders and different people calling, etc. good for when you have your phone on silent mode.
    • Anything else I should know? I'm just starting out and totally clueless!

the only other thing i can tell you is to just hang out here at Crackberry and learn to use the Search Funtion. this site is a great resource. i have yet to see a single question go unanswered. AND WELCOME TO THE WORLD OF BLACKBERRY

i hope this helps. my answers are in the quote above
    04-28-09 10:38 AM
    Oh, dude, you're freakin' awesome! I already have my calendar all entered into Google's Gmail (that's my main email account), so all I have to do is sync it!

I think I love you! :P

Oh, thank you so much! I'm about to go through this whole post and do the stuff I've been so frustrated trying to figure out! You ROCK!
    04-28-09 10:43 AM
    Oh, dude, you're freakin' awesome! I already have my calendar all entered into Google's Gmail (that's my main email account), so all I have to do is sync it!

I think I love you! :P

Oh, thank you so much! I'm about to go through this whole post and do the stuff I've been so frustrated trying to figure out! You ROCK!
    hahaha your welcome
    04-28-09 10:47 AM
    As for posting from the BB, there is a launcher download at m.crackberry.com that you can color-customize and is much more mobile-friendly. Nearly all of my posting is mobile, and trying to do it from the main site would be a nightmare otherwise.

04-28-09 10:47 AM
    That was a great post! I wanna know about that LED app!

04-28-09 10:51 AM
    That was a great post! I wanna know about that LED app!

check out this link for the app: BlackBerry Apps and BlackBerry Themes- Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store

with some of those apps you can change the color of your LED light and your trackball. kinda makes me wish i had a trackball
    04-28-09 10:56 AM
    To get a lot of the information you want, someone should post a link for you to the BlackBerry 101 Series that gives you an in-depth tutorial on the functions and features found on your BB. That can also be found on the main site page, and contains a wealth of BB information.

The CrackBerry mobile site also has a links page to free OTA (over the air) applications that many of us use to set personal preferences.
    Oh, you're gonna be busier than a one armed paper hanger working upside-down in Zero-g! I sense a new addiction has begun to take root.

Take the time to explore the various functions, you will find the magic is in the Menu (BB)button.

Congratulations on your new Curve, welcome to our CrackBerry family and the CB forums!

04-28-09 11:02 AM
    congrats on your new blackberry, got mine last november and have been addicted since. this site is great to find answers and new stuff for your phone even after you thought you mastered it! like mentioned prior, use the search forums it is a great way to just find what youre looking for. welcome!
    04-28-09 11:18 AM
    Thanks so much!! Look at me posting from my bb.

04-28-09 11:25 AM
    Your posts were some of the most helpful I read today while trying to solve my problems. Although they didn't address mine specifically, I though you may be the go-to guy. I am unable to sync my BB 8330. I've only had it a week and I'm trying to sync it with Outlook. I'm with Verizon and I've had lonnnggggg discussions with them to no avail. I switched to the 8330 from a Palm Treo 755p because it had sync issues! While attempting to set up BB sync, the system will pick up nothing from Outlook. It will sync with Outlook Express address book, but that's old info. I can't sync calendar or memos with anything. The boxes won't "check" and the message says there is no information. I really need to get this info to my BB. Can you help? I am most appreciative of your expertise! Thanks in advance. Melody
    09-14-09 11:53 AM
    I'm Verizon they could not have had it. The red is nice. I am getting the hang of it. Broke down and read the book. It helped some; but good to have CB! And yeah I love it!

If you look on ebay for around $15 or under you can get different colored housing and the tools to do it with! I ordered the purple one and a hot pink one! Its not like the snap on cases that just make the bb's bulky, they also have tutorials on youtube on how to change them out Cheap and easy fix!
    09-20-09 01:33 AM
    georgiapeach: Congrats and welcome. As you familiarize with your BB you'll find many advantages.

TessaturaMelody: What version of Outlook are you using? I recall WM activesync needed at least Outlook2003 so perhaps DM is similar? Have you been able to export via CSV and import into Outlook Express?

If you look on ebay for around $15 or under you can get different colored housing and the tools to do it with! I ordered the purple one and a hot pink one! Its not like the snap on cases that just make the bb's bulky, they also have tutorials on youtube on how to change them out Cheap and easy fix!
    The only thing I'll mention with the bay is the quality of housings, accessories, etc. differs. I only suggest reading reviews here and there on others experiences.

09-20-09 09:37 AM
    Yes I love my bb a week now and I found it fun to lean a lot of things about it

09-21-09 12:49 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD