Hello all,
    Newbie here but I'd like another browser "window"/ app on my home screen so I can keep other pages going. The bb browser is fine for now, does anyone know how to do this?
    Thank you!!!

(I also did a search and didn't find anything)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-18-09 09:14 PM
    You could go with either the Opera Mini Browser or the Bolt Browser.
    03-18-09 09:19 PM
    Tabbed browser windows like on your pc aren't possible. But you can run 2 browsers. In addition to the native BB browser you can install either:

Opera Mini
    or
    Bolt
    Last edited by pltaylor; 03-18-09 at 09:22 PM.
    03-18-09 09:20 PM
    I'm surprised that nobody has a BB browser available that supports multiple tabs. Not like it would be all that difficult - just spawn a new instance and allow the user to bring up a menu to switch between the multiple instances. I do know that Opera Mobile on WinMo supports tabs.
    03-18-09 09:37 PM
    I have the beta of Bolt and I can tell you that it is a dog. The app is slow and has problems drawing some pages. Mini Opera still outshines Bolt and is much faster on my BB 8320.
    03-18-09 11:05 PM
    I hear good things from Opera mini.. Bolt I have never heard of.. I will be sticking to the default browser.. Good luck!

03-18-09 11:15 PM
    Thanks for the info- i'm downloading opera mini right now- but i was more just wondering how to get another icon on the home screen. I don't think I really explained myself correctly.
    in any event, thank you for the replies and help
    03-19-09 08:49 AM
    Thanks for the info- i'm downloading opera mini right now- but i was more just wondering how to get another icon on the home screen. I don't think I really explained myself correctly.
    in any event, thank you for the replies and help
    Depends on your theme, if your homescreen has six icons, in say a bottom dock those icons are the top six on your app/icon screen. Just move whichever you want on your homescreen to the top row on the app screen... Make sense?
    To move an icon go to app screen - select icon to move - press BB button - select move - move to where you want it and click the trackball to place it there.

03-19-09 08:56 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD