Look i used to have a 8320 for about four months and then it got stolen; after i got the **** kicked out of me and I just bought a new 8900 about two weeks ago had it for ten days and I dropped it and it got stolen. So long story short I have had bad luck keeping blackberrys from getting stolen. But my question is as a new 8900 user; what are the great features about this phone; what is this phone really capable of(i know my old one got stolen but my new one is arriving in a few days). I love the camera on it and the gps; it seems the only bad thing about this phone is; that it is not 3g. Another question is I have been reading posts about people on hear running different opearting systems with a bunch of numbers(not exactly sure of the exact numbers but like 4.3.1 and 5.1) and some programs like viggo or something like that. Sorry I am new to this forum and to the 8900. So far it is a great phone and I really like it alot; but I want to know what that phone is really capable of other than the applications that come with it. Another thing tmobile said that the 8900 has high speed internet; aside from the wi-fi; they said that it is faster than the 8320 that I had; is this true? Also if there is any other information anybody thinks i should know about the 8900 please feel free to tell me or any applications or hardware they suggest for me to get. I appreciate any replies.
    08-13-09 10:03 PM
    Way too many questions. I highly recommend that you spend some time searching for the answers you seek. I can help to get you start with my signature. First check out the comparison thread and then check out the 101 Lectures. After those you will have a great start. If you need help searching, I have a link on that too.
    08-13-09 10:06 PM
    Two things. Try using paragraphs, and follow Aristile's advice.
    08-13-09 10:56 PM
    Sorry buddy; when I typed that I was in a little bit of a hurry. So I did not have a chance to slow down and write it half way decent. I am a very fast typer and sometimes I just type what is one my mind and it gets all jumbled together; and well thats what happened with that last post. I have been searching; for about the last two hours and getting some interesting information.
    By the way what is Tethering?
    08-13-09 11:03 PM
    Again, search is your friend. Put this into Google:

tethering site:forums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 11:05 PM
    The search engine is my friend and I know people get annoyed from answering the same question a thousand times because people are lazy and dont like using the search engine. Trust me I know how it is I used to be moderator on a nitrorc forum till I got out of the hobby. Buddy I do use the search engine and I have done extensive research on this website about various issues pertaining to my blackberry 8990. I have got tons of information that has been very helpful; but sometimes it is a little hard to find exactly want to know eventhough you used the search engine first. A couple times on different forums I have searched for hours and never found the right answer. Thank you though; and everybody on this forum I have learnt so much new information about my blackberry it is unbelieveable; I never thought my blackberry could do all that!!
    One more question is upgrading my operating system on my 8900 really going to help that much?With an upgrade will my phone process info faster and will the internet work a little faster?(It seems from the info I have gather from searching people say yes but other have said that some programs dont work when you up grade the os) Also if I am in a gprs area; an my blackberry still run at its 2g capabilites and last question whats uma stand for? Sorry for all the questions. But once again thanks to everyone on this forum; everyone has been a big help you guys are the best!!
    08-20-09 11:37 PM
    your welcome you forum noob
    08-20-09 11:44 PM
    Look i used to have a 8320 for about four months and then it got stolen; after i got the **** kicked out of me and I just bought a new 8900 about two weeks ago had it for ten days and I dropped it and it got stolen. So long story short I have had bad luck keeping blackberrys from getting stolen. But my question is as a new 8900 user; what are the great features about this phone; what is this phone really capable of(i know my old one got stolen but my new one is arriving in a few days). I love the camera on it and the gps; it seems the only bad thing about this phone is; that it is not 3g. Another question is I have been reading posts about people on hear running different opearting systems with a bunch of numbers(not exactly sure of the exact numbers but like 4.3.1 and 5.1) and some programs like viggo or something like that. Sorry I am new to this forum and to the 8900. So far it is a great phone and I really like it alot; but I want to know what that phone is really capable of other than the applications that come with it. Another thing tmobile said that the 8900 has high speed internet; aside from the wi-fi; they said that it is faster than the 8320 that I had; is this true? Also if there is any other information anybody thinks i should know about the 8900 please feel free to tell me or any applications or hardware they suggest for me to get. I appreciate any replies.
    I'll answer the questions. Haha.

features are better camera, processor, design, higher ram, better screen, and thinner.

it's as capable as any other blackberry, just with enhanced EDGE

the os is downloadable on a sticky on this forum

it is faster.

Search next time please.
    08-21-09 12:39 AM
    One of the major things I like about the 8900 is the high screen resolution.
    SUCH a major step up from my previous 8100.
    08-21-09 04:46 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD