Hello everyone!

I just purchased my very first BlackBerry, a Curve 8900! So far I love it! I'm trying to find a good source to learn tips and tricks about everything BlackBerry, specifically the Curve 8900. What do you guys recommend?

What are your favorite programs? Software? Any tips?

-Louie
    07-01-09 10:06 PM
    Read the forum. Tip, tricks, and tutorials are posted all over.
    07-01-09 10:09 PM
    bb 8900 bb 101

there ya go and welcome to CB
    you made a great choice in the 8900!!
    07-01-09 10:10 PM
    Hello everyone!

I just purchased my very first BlackBerry, a Curve 8900! So far I love it! I'm trying to find a good source to learn tips and tricks about everything BlackBerry, specifically the Curve 8900. What do you guys recommend?

What are your favorite programs? Software? Any tips?

-Louie
    Have you downloaded blackberry app world? It has a lot of apps and games, good ones and a lot that are free. I love free. I have Viigo, love, love, love Pandora which is music radio, you can design what you want to hear by artist or song. It really is very cool. Slacker radio is great. Weather bug is free and I like keeping track of the weather. If you travel a lot, AT&T navigator is worth the $10 a month price (or you provider's version). I went to Mobile and it worked great. Got me everywhere I wanted to go. Unfortunately, I don't travel a whole lot so I ended up canceling it. I will get it again when I go where I need to be able to get around.
    07-02-09 02:42 AM
    In addition to the link FBR posted check out the 101 lecture series here on cb that's linked in my signature. It has a ton of helpful info for newbies getting started. As far as apps here's a few links for those too. Enjoy that 8900 and the addiction that's coming with it...

http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/bla...a-apps-236714/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/wha...ions-bb-14431/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f2/popu...d-links-21096/
    07-02-09 06:33 AM
    Blackberry 101 Lecture Series... is the best place to start learning.
    07-02-09 06:44 AM
    Welcome to crackberry!!!!

Please buy a screen protector for the beautiful screen on your 8900!!
    07-02-09 07:12 AM
    Welcome to Crackberry...your addiction has commenced! You'll see what I mean in a few weeks. Lol. Good choice with the 8900, I just got mine two weeks ago and I LOVE it! Enjoy.
    07-02-09 09:21 AM
    Thank you so much everyone! Great info from everyone. These links will help me out alot! As far as the addiction goes, I'm already there! I've had the phone for 2 days and my girlfriend is already nagging that I haven't paid much attention to her because I'm on my BB all day long!!
    07-02-09 09:14 PM
    Welcome to crackberry!!!!

Please buy a screen protector for the beautiful screen on your 8900!!
    I will defenitly get that, but I was also thinking about the clear full body skin. What do you think about those? Anyone have them on their BB? If so how well do they look on the Curve?
    07-02-09 09:21 PM
    you can find it all here on crackberry.
    07-02-09 09:24 PM
    First off, welcome to CrackBerry and the world of BlackBerry. You have chosen a GREAT device. I have the 8900 myself.

Second. Check out the BlackBerry 101 Lecture Series. I have it linked in my signature. It will help you master your BlackBerry, and definitely take away a lot of the confusion.

My Favorite apps are Beejive IM, Socialscope, Gmail, Bolt Browser, QuickPull, Ubertwitter if you want a free twitter app, BerryWeather, BerryBuzz, and my all time favorite QuickLaunch. I have a mixture of paid and free apps, but there are plenty of free apps out there. Check them all out!
    07-02-09 09:57 PM
    The full skin is nice, but I prefer the innocase II

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-02-09 10:21 PM
    berrybuzz maybe?
    07-03-09 05:36 AM
    If you like movies check out the media section - movies, especially the conversion tutorial. Trying to convert The Old Grey Whistle Test now

07-03-09 08:47 AM
    Question about themes. I read somewhere that themes can make the device run slow. What are your guy's experience with installing different themes? I've seen some nice ones on elecite.com, anyone tried these?
    07-04-09 11:00 PM
    I bought a Hedone Design theme from the CrackBerry store and my 'berry runs perfectly fine, not slow at all. So long as you have enough free memory, themes shouldn't affect the speed that much if at all.
    07-04-09 11:02 PM
    I bought a Hedone Design theme from the CrackBerry store and my 'berry runs perfectly fine, not slow at all. So long as you have enough free memory, themes shouldn't affect the speed that much if at all.
    Thanks for the info. What are some good sites where I can find more themes?
    07-04-09 11:29 PM
    Welcome to the addiction...you won't be disappointed!

07-05-09 01:21 AM
    Question about themes. I read somewhere that themes can make the device run slow. What are your guy's experience with installing different themes? I've seen some nice ones on elecite.com, anyone tried these?
    I've had trouble with certain themes rather than themes in general. Now, I'm very ocd about how my phone is set up. Programs have to be in a certain order or in a certain folder. So that meant that everytime I got a new themes, I had to reset everything up. After doing this several times, I decided I really didn't like doing that.

On the other hand, I like things to look different every day. So I finally got smart for me and what suits me. I've download a gazillion wallpapers. I run only one theme which came with the phone with my apps and such arranged the way I use them but I almost daily change out my wallpaper. That suits me. Better, themes take up memory on your device whereas wallpaper lives on your SD card.

To me, that is better but as my mom used to say, different strokes for different folks. If we all liked the same thing, we'd be awfully boring.
    07-05-09 07:48 AM
    It's been almost 1 month and I still can't put my BB down! I've never had this much fun with any other cell phone! LOL you want to know how bad it is? I was watching tv with my 2-year old son just now, and he looked at me and said "Daddy put phone on table! Watch" and he pointed at the tv! My wife was sitting on the dinner table and heard and now she's laughing her *** off! LOL. This just made me realize that I'm an addict!
    07-28-09 05:13 PM
    It's been almost 1 month and I still can't put my BB down! I've never had this much fun with any other cell phone! LOL you want to know how bad it is? I was watching tv with my 2-year old son just now, and he looked at me and said "Daddy put phone on table! Watch" and he pointed at the tv! My wife was sitting on the dinner table and heard and now she's laughing her *** off! LOL. This just made me realize that I'm an addict!
    It happens. What bb do you have? I bet you've been installing apps like crazy!
    07-29-09 07:27 AM
    he has the 8900..... yeah we tried to warn you about the addiction!! LOL
    07-29-09 07:32 AM
    Welcome to the blackberry world and welcome to Crackberry. Warning: it's very addictive

07-29-09 08:18 AM
    good stuff everyone!
    07-31-09 03:44 PM
29 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD