After much debate and deliberation I decided that the smartphone of my choice would be the curve 9300.

I am so pleased I made this decision, especially seeing as though it is pretty much entry-level.

For 200 it does everything I want from a phone.

Really impressed so far

Just a quick question though, If i set my browser to "internet browser" mode and I connect to my home wifi, will it use the wifi instead of the 3g or will I have to switch over to "hotspot browser"? I get an allowance of 500 texts and 500mb AS WELL as my 15 airtime (pay and go tariff on O2) and am worried that I may run my browsing allowance down.
    10-19-10 09:55 AM
    With Internet Browser and Wifi it will all through WiFi as long as your connected.

You can confirm this in Manage Connections and Service Status

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-19-10 11:10 AM
    Once your Wi-Fi is on and connected, it will use it by default.

Welcome aboard.
    10-19-10 11:16 AM
    what sort of speed will i get when downloading on wifi? it seems slower than 3g at the minute could it be a problem with my router?
    10-19-10 02:24 PM
    what sort of speed will i get when downloading on wifi? it seems slower than 3g at the minute could it be a problem with my router?
    When your browser is open, Hit Menu -->Options --> General Properties

Where it reads Default Browser, make sure it's on Hotspot Browser to take advantage of your Wi-Fi connection and not eat up your 500MB capacity.

When you leave your Wi-Fi area you have to manually change it back to Internet Browser and it will go back to use your 3G service as data.
    Last edited by BB.David; 10-19-10 at 05:21 PM.
    10-19-10 05:17 PM
    When your browser is open, Hit Menu -->Options --> General Properties

Where it reads Default Browser, make sure it's on Hotspot Browser to take advantage of your Wi-Fi connection and not eat up your 500MB capacity.

When you leave your Wi-Fi area you have to manually change it back to Internet Browser and it will go back to use your 3G service as data.
    Not really necessary, the wifi route has priority when a connection exists (the wifi logo goes bright white, not grey).
    10-19-10 06:17 PM
    I have noticed that the browser seems faster when using the hotspot browser on Wi-Fi as opposed to the internet browser on Wi-Fi.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    10-21-10 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD