Hey everyone, I need some advice!

I will be getting a new bb in the next month and am leaning toward the 8900. I have never had a bb data plan before, and I have some questions and am soliciting your experienced thoughts.

I am looking at adding an unlimited data plan for about $36 (with AT&T), and my company gives me a $100/month cell phone allowance.

• Does this include texting? GPS? Or is it just email and web?
    • What is the difference between the "Personal BB" & "Enterprise BB" data plans?
    • What else do I need to know?

Thanks!
    08-04-09 11:07 PM
    The plan you're looking to add...is that the Enterprise BB plan? Because the Personal BB plan is only 29.99/month. That's your other option.

1) It includes GPS, email, and web...the GPS is not locked so you can use it with any program that you'd like. Texting is not included. That is 20 dollars more for unlimited.

2) Personal BB (BIS) is what most people use...you can get email from regular old email accounts..like hotmail, gmail, etc and most work accounts. If your work has a BES or a Blackberry Enterprise server, you'll need the BES plan to get access to your work email. For more information, I'd contact your IT guy right away. BES costs more than BIS and so if you don't need it, I wouldn't get it.

3) On AT&T, tethering is NOT included in the standard BB data plan.

I hope this helps.
    08-04-09 11:13 PM
    3) On AT&T, tethering is NOT included in the standard BB data plan.
    Can you elaborate? What is "tethering"? Is this for connecting my laptop to the web via my bb?
    If that's the case, I don't think I'll need it as I have a Verizon aircard.
    08-04-09 11:20 PM
    Can you elaborate? What is "tethering"? Is this for connecting my laptop to the web via my bb?
    If that's the case, I don't think I'll need it as I have a Verizon aircard.
    Sure! Tethering is when you hook up your BB to your computer to get internet, so yep, you're right.

You have an Aircard so you're fine then. You don't need tethering. I bet you get better speeds on the Aircard anyway.
    08-04-09 11:23 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD