In November I am eligible for my 1 year Sprint upgrade. I hope by that time they have a Curve out with a flash or I may be tempted to keep my current curve. As much as I dislike the ball, the speed of the phone, the limited RAM, the non thread SMS and all, the BB has been a wonderful phone. Yeah its got some issues, but overall its a good phone. I hear the 85xx is not much better than my phone, and was advised to wait and not too get too anxious. If by November a far superior Curve is not out, it may be better to wait. What do you say?

I think we all can agree about the CPU speed, the limited RAM, the slow web browsing, etc.. I wonder if this will mean that I will need to buy a new car charger. Will it?

John
    09-08-10 08:13 PM
    I think you should stick it out and wait. The cuve is a solid phone, and most definitely the best phone I ever had. Its going to suck to wait another year for an upgrade, but at least there will be better BlackBerrys coming out at that time. If you don't like how your curve is now then get a hybrid. That is if you got a 8330.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-08-10 09:17 PM
    I just did the hybrid on my 8330 and it completely changes the phone! Much more responsive holds between 25 to 28mem. Now I got to do the ringtone mod but bbsek is not working for me. Save the money and do the hybrid I am running the browser and pandora with no slow down and I'm at 26.8 megs

09-09-10 01:28 AM
    Unfortunately, I doubt we see a high end Curve anytime soon. RIM is trending towards having the Curve as their lower end/entry level line.
    09-09-10 02:00 AM
    I just did the hybrid on my 8330 and it completely changes the phone! Much more responsive holds between 25 to 28mem. Now I got to do the ringtone mod but bbsek is not working for me. Save the money and do the hybrid I am running the browser and pandora with no slow down and I'm at 26.8 megs

Glad everything worked out for you. I always tell people that if they feel like switching from this phone that they should try a hybrid. They always say they don't know why they didn't do it sooner

09-09-10 08:02 AM
    Glad everything worked out for you. I always tell people that if they feel like switching from this phone that they should try a hybrid. They always say they don't know why they didn't do it sooner

That means ~ to install something on your old phone, right? I read about that and it seems so complicated and LONG....I might break my phone!
    09-09-10 11:18 AM
    No, trust me the first time will be kind of long because you have to read the full instructions, but after you do it once its so easy. You will know everything to do, and just like I said you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner. This is my first BlackBerry and I was scared to do it just incase I messed it up, but I didn't mess it up and now I love my phone more then ever.

Last edited by drb0y; 09-09-10 at 11:44 AM.
    09-09-10 11:42 AM
    You are convincing, My Dear.
    09-09-10 07:30 PM
    Haha well you should definitely do it. I did it and I'm never looking back.

09-09-10 07:57 PM
    What is a Hybrid and can it be done on a mac?
    09-09-10 10:04 PM
    Well does Mac get DM 5.0? And a hybrid is an OS someone customize (and maybe added extra files to the official OS) to fix the original OS bugs, battery problem, makes the OS more stable, etc. For 8330 users, we get to get threaded texting and a fresh look. Our phone will almost be the same as the 85xx series except for we won't have as much memory, but it will look the same.

09-10-10 06:55 AM
    can someone point me to the thread showing how to make a "hybrid" 8320

Thanks

VW
    09-10-10 07:30 AM
    Umm, I don't think there is a thread on how to make a hybrid. I'm guessing its not very easy. Just find a site that has an 8320 hybrid, but I'm pretty sure ur not going to be able to get threaded texting.

09-10-10 07:44 AM
    Anyone contemplating updating their 8330 to a hybrid should wait until Monday when v13 comes out. The v12.2 installer doesn't work correctly and many of the files that are suppose to automatically be installed (bbsak & saos) don't install properly.

visit BBTweaks.com Monday to download v13
    Last edited by jbarbero; 09-10-10 at 09:13 AM.
    09-10-10 09:06 AM
    i installed v12.2 the other day it was my first install and ya i was trippin when BBSAK did not come with the package but i got threw OK. didn't think it was a big issue until i mentioned it on the forum there.
    09-10-10 10:09 AM
    Jbarbero I downloaded 12.2 with no problem? Oh, ok good. I'm glad to know the date now that v13 will be open to the public because I been checking the site everyday to see if it was released.

09-10-10 01:17 PM
    Hey! The mad scientists at BBTweaks.com have been burning the midnight oil and have released v13.0 to the public just moments ago!
    09-10-10 03:39 PM
    Well I'm definitely going to go download that when I get home!

09-10-10 04:24 PM
    I guess that answers the question that I wont be able to install this with a Mac.
    09-11-10 08:25 AM
    Well does Mac get Desktop Manager 4.7 to 5?

09-11-10 09:23 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD