Hey guys, whatsup. I'm new to the site.

I just have a quick question about my blackberry 8900 that I just got on Friday.

The battery doesn't seem too good so what are some things I can do to increase battery life???

And also, I read somewhere that you can turn or wifi, but does that make you have bad service??

Thank you
    08-09-09 09:36 PM
    How long is your battery lasting? Two days is about the most you will get out of it with normal use. Also, you should charge your battery every night anyway to prolong the lifespan of the battery.

If you turn on your WiFi you will have access to UMA and this will improve your reception. UMA is a service that T-mobile offers and it allows you to make phone calls and get your data over a WiFi connection.
    08-09-09 09:47 PM
    trun off gps,
    08-09-09 09:48 PM
    and bluetooth if not using...
    08-09-09 09:49 PM
    How long is your battery lasting? Two days is about the most you will get out of it with normal use. Also, you should charge your battery every night anyway to prolong the lifespan of the battery.

If you turn on your WiFi you will have access to UMA and this will improve your reception. UMA is a service that T-mobile offers and it allows you to make phone calls and get your data over a WiFi connection.
    my battery is barely lasting a day on medium use.

how do i turn of wifi?? and will this leave my service the same but increase battery life?? thanks
    08-09-09 09:50 PM
    to turn off wifi, press the bb button and then open "manage connection" There you will see mobile network, wifi, and bluetooth. Turn off wifi and bluetooth to expand your battery life.

Also you can turn your lcd brightness to like 70%.
    08-09-09 09:52 PM
    It sounds like you need to get familiar with your device. I highly suggest that you read through the 101 lectures, I have a link to them in my signature. You can also find the link at anytime through the "Blackberry Help" menu option at the top of every page here at Crackberry.
    08-09-09 09:55 PM
    to turn off wifi, press the bb button and then open "manage connection" There you will see mobile network, wifi, and bluetooth. Turn off wifi and bluetooth to expand your battery life.

Also you can turn your lcd brightness to like 70%.
    sorry. this might be a really dumb question, but which button is the bb button? lol
    08-09-09 09:55 PM
    sorry. this might be a really dumb question, but which button is the bb button? lol
    The BB Button (Blackberry Button) is the one with the Blackberry logo on it. It is located just to your left of the trackball. As previously mentioned, check out the 101 lectures.
    08-09-09 09:59 PM
    Its the button with the dots on them.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-09-09 10:01 PM
    The BB Button (Blackberry Button) is the one with the Blackberry logo on it. It is located just to your left of the trackball. As previously mentioned, check out the 101 lectures.
    Ah, thanks man. I thought that was menu lol.

Sorry for all the question, just trying to figure out as much as I can about my device. And i will definitely have to check out that link. THANKS ALOT!
    08-09-09 10:01 PM
    The "BB Button" and the "Menu Button" are synonymous terms and refer to the same button.
    08-09-09 10:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD