I've only had my Verizon BlackBerry 8330 since Tuesday and I'm a little disappointed. Last night, I set a reminder for a Task this morning. Well, the reminder popped up but I can't do anything to get it to go away. I don't think it's necessarily "frozen", because I just received a phone call with it like this and was able to answer it. But I'm unable to do anything else. Has this ever happened to anyone? Do I just shut it off and remove the battery?
    07-16-09 11:41 AM
    damn that sucks
    07-16-09 11:45 AM
    Yeah... for sure! Has anyone else had this problem? I've had it for less than 48 hours!
    07-16-09 01:11 PM
    Keep the phone on but remove the battery, wait 30 seconds and replace battery. Wait a few minutes while BB reboots.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-16-09 01:15 PM
    Just pull the battery and it'll be fine. Let it load back up and you'll be off.

07-16-09 01:17 PM
    Mommy - did it work?
    07-16-09 01:28 PM
    There are always some issues with new devices that time and a few battery pulls fix.
    07-16-09 01:33 PM
    Yeah what everyone else said, except for a batt pull you dont have to wait just take the connectors of the pins and you can put it back in right away should be no prob always worked for me, good luck
    07-16-09 01:59 PM
    This did work for me--- Thanks! Now I have a new problem! lol (Okay, it's really NOT funny!) This has happened 3 times now,,, My phone just shuts off in the middle of me doing something and then the hour glass appears on the screen for like 3 minutes before it finally boots back up? Really??? This phone isn't even a month old yet! Ughhh!!! Should I bring it back or am I doing something wrong? Please help!

08-03-09 12:42 PM
    battery pull does resolve most problems.. isn't it?
    08-03-09 12:50 PM
    I get something similar. I will get a black screen with error 200 most of the time. Then I have to reset. Been wondering what I can do to fix this issue.
    08-04-09 01:18 AM
    I'd make sure you've got the current OS to be safe (in case your OS is just buggy). If it still has issues you may want to have it looked at.

I've had my Curve for a year now almost (end of the month). I've had it "lock" on me maybe 2x, and that was with previous software. Since then it's been "like a rock".

My only gripe is the horrible MicroSD setup. I hate that it's under the battery, and I hate that clip...lol.
    08-04-09 01:21 AM
    Facebook? Viigo? Streaming audio? If you are using any of those try turning them off and see if the hourglass stops. Could be that one of those or a similar push app is consuming all your system resources.

08-04-09 07:34 AM
    If you have a memory card in the BB take it out and see if the rebooting/freezing stops. It could be a corrupt file system on the card, especially if you transferred the card from another device without formatting it in the BB.
    08-04-09 07:39 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD