Hello all
    I recently purchased a 8330 curve. I was really excited about this but have come to be dissipointed. Im sure with th millions of users, i must not have unleashed the true power, so i need some help. I will let you know, i am used to using my ipod touch, and love the apps, email and web.

What i notice.

When i receive emails from certain sites (ie monster, affliction and others) They look like crap. No pictures nothing, if i click on the text, if your having problems viewing.... it looks ok, my question is, how do i fix it to look good?

Facebook sux! is there any better way? It is just hard to take, it cant be that bad?????? Can it?

the web is awful! the browser sucks and is slow, i know it has alot to do with your service, but the look of pages is less to be desired.

I have had a few errors when going to certin sites, that say somthing about enabling Jave Script? How do you do this?

Sorry for being so long winded , just want to get the most out of my phone. I spend more time in data then on voice, and like my devices to be my life line. I want to make sure this is the phone for me.

And last but not least, there is alot about this phone i do like! The BB chat is awsome, sprint TV is cool, NFL nice! calender function is great as well.
    12-13-09 05:20 PM
    Also, i cant figure out how to delete apps that ive down loaded. I downloaded crackberry app, but everytime i use it, it crashes. Anyone?>
    12-13-09 06:06 PM
    To delete apps go to options, advanced, applications, high light the app you want to delete, hit menu delete. Can't help you on your other issues... if you get sprint tv you are probably ona 1ev signalsoyour surfing speed should be good.
    12-13-09 06:14 PM
    Thanks foir your response. That helped with the deletion. Can anyone else help with my other questions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-13-09 06:48 PM
    To enable java script open you browser>menu>options> browser configurations> check the box to enable java script.

12-13-09 07:03 PM
    Reading through your post again and I thought I would suggest trying Bolt and Opera Mini. They tend to render pages more like they would look on a pc. They are free and can be found in downloads here on crackberry. Everyone has their own preference so try both and see if you like one of them. That will probably be your best option because the native BB browser does not handle regular web pages well. It does ok with mobile sites if they are available. But the BB browser is what it is and gets many many complaints in the process.

12-13-09 07:09 PM
    I'm sorry to post again but I can't get edit to work right after a long post(won't scroll all the way down). Sorry mods.

To the op. Have you downloaded the Facebook app? Or are you trying to use it from the regular site? There is a facebook app available on CB and it is also free.

12-13-09 07:13 PM
    Ok your the man! That helped a lot! I will try the other thingss you sugested. Thank you. As far as face book goes, I'm using the one that came on the phone. It also came with myspace, but I don't use myspace.
    I changed the settings and allowed java. And it did help alittle.
    I also see that you can change the browser? From bb to ie and netscape. Would this be what I'm looking for?

12-13-09 07:21 PM
    Here's an example of what I'm talking about. On my ipod touch, when I go to mopartech.net (which is one of my favs) it looks as if I were on it on my computer. On here, the site is not right. All things line up. Is there a setting for that?

12-13-09 07:25 PM
    Just download a new broswer, the one of the phone isn't very good or fast imo. I prefer opera mini, there is also Bolt. Just do a google search, they both do what your asking for.
    12-13-09 07:30 PM
    No I'm sorry. The native browser sucks for rendering full sites like that. The IE and netscape options that you've seen are only to change the appearance of your homepage screen I believe. They do nothing as far as rendering. Try bolt or opera. They render fast and well. It won't be as good as safari but it might be good enough. Now you know what they say about hope in one hand and �� well anyway BB is supposedly releasing a webkit browser that has been jointly developed by them and Torch mobile that they recently aquired. Its rumored to be be out by summer and rumored to be great but we'll see.

12-13-09 07:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD