New to the whole BB world. I'm on T-Mobile and full enjoy having this high powered device, its done everything i want and more.. so now to my nub questions... i've done some google searching for most of them... Pic messages to website, and Forum Texts and themes and what not... But I've been reading about people upgrade OS's and what not.. So im curious.. I just bought my BB 8900 and was curious as to how to find out my OS, and what OS i should be on and why?
    03-31-09 12:16 PM
    Options=>About=>3rd line down, will look something like this; v4.6.1.168

T-mo i think is still shipping with .114, definitely a little behind, higher versions have better battery life, stronger connections, quicker processing, all kinds of stuff.
    03-31-09 12:21 PM
    Read through the blackberry 101 in my sig and to find your os and all that good stuff go to options>about
    03-31-09 12:21 PM
    You can go to t-mobile's Blackberry Upgrade site and find what T-Mobile's approved OS... which is .114. If you ever have an issue with your T-Mobile 8900 you had better have that version on your 8900 or you will have problems dealing with T-Mobile or getting it fixed.

The most current approved OS is at the top of the 8900 forum as a sticky... that only means it's approved by another carrier, not that it's approved for your carrier. There are also some BETA versions on the BETA OS forum... upgrade to those at your own risk.
    03-31-09 12:24 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD