hi Everyone,
    after much searching, i've ordered a BB 8900. looking fwd to it.
    i've read a zillion threads, but am curious, what are the five things i must know to get started (i know nothing).
    • do i need a screen cover/protector?
    • what supplies should i buy to be ready to go (case, extra charger, diesel powered backup unit???)
    • are there certain must have apps (and where to get them)?
    • beside this site, are there any other BB sites i should follow?

what else? not even sure what to ask

much appreciated,
    m
    08-31-09 01:26 PM
    hi Everyone,
    i've read a zillion threads, but am curious, what are the five things i must know to get started (i know nothing).
    If the above is true, you must have missed some things. There are dozens of threads on the very topics you mention. Start with Blackberry 101.
    08-31-09 01:32 PM
    I agree you should start with the Blackberry 101 lessons here on CB.... except I will tell you how to get to them... they are under "Blackberry Help" at the top of every forum page... I've even added a link to my signature below.

Everything else is up to you... if you like cases, buy a case... skins... and apps... they are all about how you want to make this device your own.
    08-31-09 01:38 PM
    hi Everyone,
    after much searching, i've ordered a BB 8900. looking fwd to it.
    • do i need a screen cover/protector?
    • what supplies should i buy to be ready to go (case, extra charger, diesel powered backup unit???)
    • are there certain must have apps (and where to get them)?
    • beside this site, are there any other BB sites i should follow?

what else? not even sure what to ask

much appreciated,
    m
    screen cover = yes
    supplies = case, yes; extra charger;probably (depends on your coverage)
    apps = depends on what you do (google maps is a good one to have)
    other sites = while Crackberry covers EVERYTHING blackberry and you probably won't need another site blackberry.com also has info
    crackberry 101 lecture series = A MUST. It will help you get off the start running. You will be able to avoid posting questions that have been asked and answered a thousand times. Once you read through the lectures you will have a much better understanding of your phone and its capabilities.

Welcome to CB and BB!
    08-31-09 01:38 PM
    thanks for the link to BB101. i'll start there.

I agree you should start with the Blackberry 101 lessons here on CB.... except I will tell you how to get to them... they are under "Blackberry Help" at the top of every forum page... I've even added a link to my signature below.

Everything else is up to you... if you like cases, buy a case... skins... and apps... they are all about how you want to make this device your own.
    08-31-09 01:40 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD