Good Evening everyone,

I just received a curve 8900 yesterday and the only issue I seem to have is when I activate bluetooth, the phone has a tendancy to reset itself. After a couple times of doing this, it loses all network connections and i need to pull the battery to reset to get signal again.

I searched and read some stuff about the OS might be causing this but I'm not sure how to check my OS and what to do about it. My phone is not registered and I did not get any accessories besides the charger.

What can I do? otherwise I am very happy with the phone.
    08-10-09 09:17 PM
    Welcome to the forum ericm. Sounds like you may need to reinstall the OS. You have two choices, 1- use DM on your PC to check for an update from your carrier or 2- download a OS of your liking and install it to your phone.
    If you chose to download a OS from a different carrier and install it on your phone check out the help section of the forums for detailed instructions. If you need any help post back.
    08-10-09 10:44 PM
    thanks for the reply zwood. so is this desktop manager downloadable somewhere?

my phone is an evaluation unit so it is not registered with my carrier, is there a way to get an official OS anyways?
    08-10-09 11:51 PM
    The DM software can be found at RIM's website but you will need the usb cable. You can download the OS from your carriers website or just try with DM first, it might do the trick.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-11-09 12:19 AM
    OS updated, hopefully it fixes things!
    08-24-09 11:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD