and im curious what downloads do the gen public feel are essential and do they get for every new BB that they buy? i want to get a couple of things but i want to hear a lil input on what u cant live w/o on ur BB
    08-27-09 09:18 AM
    I recomend Quickpull.
    08-27-09 09:24 AM
    i just googled quickpull what is it actually?
    08-27-09 09:27 AM
    i just googled quickpull what is it actually?
    App that lets you do a battery pull without actually having to pull the battery!

08-27-09 09:52 AM
    I swear by QuickLaunch. It isn't free, but its worth every penny. Aside from that, I use:

Pandora
    Bolt Browser
    Social Scope
    And all official BB IM apps.
    08-27-09 11:05 AM
    Here are some that I have on my BB.

Browser: BOLT or Opera Mini

Facebook

Google apps such as google maps,gmail, gsync, google search, google talk

Gokivo Navigator

The Weather Channel

Pandora: music

Trapster: identifies, red light cameras, hiding spots for cops, etc.

CrackBerry launcher

BlackBerry App World

Youtube

I have others but those are the one I can think of now.

One more thing, THEMES, THEMES, THEMES. I have about 4 or 5 on my phone. Personally, I don't dig the stock theme for these phones.
    08-27-09 11:14 AM
    LOL ask my paypal account how many themes I have.....I am addicted to them hehe!

08-27-09 11:49 AM
    App that lets you do a battery pull without actually having to pull the battery!
    Not meaning to hi-jack the thread but why would you pay for Quickpull when you can either press the keyboard shortcut to re-start or failing that pull the battery?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 12:10 PM
    [QUOTE=mark-d;3447709]Not meaning to hi-jack the thread but why would you pay for Quickpull when you can either press the keyboard shortcut to re-start or failing that pull the battery?

There is a free version of QuickPull and a paid version. Not sure what the paid version does but the free one does the simulated battery pull and allows you to set up your phone to reset at a specific time everyday.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 12:37 PM
    I believe the paid version gives you a little more flexibility scheduling wise and also other little things like not running a scheduled pull if it overlaps with an ongoing phone call.

I think it is a great utility, especially for someone who has a case that is hard to get on/off. Maybe it is not as necessary as BBs gain more and more memory and processing speed, but if you are one who usually has a need for a pull, being able to have it happen automatically without having to worry about it....just neat in my book. It's like an automated little memory manager.
    08-27-09 01:10 PM
    quickpull
    logmaid
    cblauncher
    pandora
    08-27-09 01:12 PM
    I have Audible (for listening to audio books). Most of the apps I use already come on the device (Docs to Go, Facebook, MySpace, Telenav, Password Keeper, Browser and the whole organizer function).
    08-27-09 02:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD