Hi

My battery and BB Curve 8310 phone is working fine.

I bought a brand new Genuine Blackberry CS2 battery as a spare.

When I put it in the phone the red light flashes once only and the screen is completely filled with a large image of a battery with a red line through it and no keys work

Plugging in the wall charger does nothing at all, no normal charging light flashing and the large image of a battery with a red line through it remains on the screen. I left it on the charger for about an hour nothing changed. Also the battery remained cold rather than warming as it charges. The battery was a tight fit so it is making good contact.

I put the original battery back and all is working normally as expected and when I plug the charger in the original battery is charging so the charger is definitely working.

Can someone else who has put a brand new battery in a working BB tell me what happened to them, please? Is the new battery likely to be defective? There is nothing I can find in any docs, RIM's support or in the CBforums that covers this.

Thanks for any help
    Last edited by deaf-llama; 08-15-09 at 08:47 AM.
    08-15-09 07:19 AM
    The battery is not compatible and/or a dead battery. Contact the seller to send a replacement.
    08-15-09 07:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD