im new to blackberrys and literal just gt mine but i have a few problems i have a 8520 on vodafone. the phone become active yday so put all my music and piks from my old nokia on to it ect ect any way installed all softwear to my comp and started to try update it as says one is avalible mines on a 4.8 sumin n could upgrade to a 5. woteva not to sure ne way tryed doin tht and it come up saying i couldnt do it and stayed at the 4. woteva i also tryed downloadin the app thing but says tht system requirements are not met and cannot complete the insilation is tht to do with the update softwear also i cannot set my own email on the phone just says do u want to set up an enterprize one how i do tht i dnt no lol please help cheers
    05-23-10 07:00 PM
    im new to blackberrys and literal just gt mine but i have a few problems i have a 8520 on vodafone. the phone become active yday so put all my music and piks from my old nokia on to it ect ect any way installed all softwear to my comp and started to try update it as says one is avalible mines on a 4.8 sumin n could upgrade to a 5. woteva not to sure ne way tryed doin tht and it come up saying i couldnt do it and stayed at the 4. woteva i also tryed downloadin the app thing but says tht system requirements are not met and cannot complete the insilation is tht to do with the update softwear also i cannot set my own email on the phone just says do u want to set up an enterprize one how i do tht i dnt no lol please help cheers
    Welcome to the forums.

Please remember, when asking for help, 1st step is making it as easy as possible to people to understand you.

If you have a 8520, you got 4.6.1 installed. I don't know of Voda releasing 5.0 so if you want to upgrade, you'll have to download it from another source (like the link on my sig or the sticky thread in here).

Procedures to install can be found here:

Lecture 22: How to Install or Upgrade your BlackBerry Operating System (OS)

Lecture 36: How to Upgrade Your BlackBerry's OS Using App Loader

About e-mail. Drop the wizard and head to the folder with a green engine on it. Open the email wizard, log in with your BIS account login and password and set up your emails from there. You can also do that online at www.yourcarrier.blackberry.com.

Do you have an SD card? The internal memory is for the OS and apps. Images and songs should go into the micro SD card.

Hope that was all. Post back if you need any more help.
    Last edited by diegonei; 05-23-10 at 07:29 PM.
    05-23-10 07:22 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD