So I know there are many posts about the "black screen and flashing LED" - which I have encountered, but I have a few additional questions that I cannot find answers to in other posts:

Issue: Black Screen / Flashing LED - tried removing battery - no difference. Tried USB to computer - DM says no device attached. Completely unresponsive.

I have a new one on the way, but wondering if there's any hope for the one I already have.

Questions: 1. Is there any way that I can get my computer to recognize the device?
    2. Also, I was apparently very dumb and never backed up my BB. Is there any way to restore my contacts or pull any info from the device?

Thanks.
    09-25-09 10:49 AM
    There is a thread in these forums about relaoding an OS on a "bricked" berry. Search for relaod OS or google "reloading OS on bricked blackberry and you should be directed to the link on these forums.

Off the top of my head I think you have to download and install the device OS onto your PC, remove the battery from your berry, open the application loader on your PC, connect phone to PC and as soon as u see application loader searching for the phone u need to pop the battery back in and it will prompt u to install the OS...I would really search for the thread though it is EXTREMELY well written and easy to follow.Good Luck.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-25-09 11:50 AM
    Thanks - I will definitely do that.

Any idea if I will be able to recover anything as far as contacts, BBM, etc if it was never backed up?
    09-25-09 12:05 PM
    09-25-09 12:30 PM
    Thanks, I'll give this a try too! Don't have it with me right now, so I'll report back this evening and let you all know what happens.

Thanks again for all the help.
    09-25-09 12:43 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD