Hi

I'm a newbie to this site and have just moved from US to Australia (weather's better here!)..anyway brought my 8300, unlocked from AT&T and have now got a plan with a local provider Telstra. My problem is that when I want to call an Australian cell phone from my address book (typically the numbers start 04xx) the phone tries to dial +1 04xx and hence won't connect.

The local telstra dealer thought there might be a fix out there somewhere but couldn't help..is this a common problem? Any ideas/suggestions?

Many Thanks
    03-26-08 10:28 PM
    This can easily be solved by changing the Country Code in Smart Dailing Options.

Press the green call button to bring up the recent list of calls. Then press the menu button and choose Options. Next go into Smart dialing. Change the country code, you'll see that is is set to +1 currently, to whatever it is for Austrailia or however you need it set up.
    03-26-08 10:35 PM
    So basically, your poor phone (only cause I bet it misses the much nicer weather here!!) thinks its still in the United States, dialing a +1.

Head'on in to your "Phone" section, and hit the BB key. Go to "Smart Dialing", and change the "Country Code" to whatever it is down there. You can also change the area code, along with how long the phone numbers are.

Hope that helps!
    03-26-08 10:38 PM
    Worked perfectly..Thank you thank you!

Nice to finally have the crackberry in the same country as me..
    03-26-08 11:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD