Hello!

I have had my curve for 1 year. Love it!

Yesterday it started turning off and on randomly. Took it to Verizon today and they said that it can't be fixed.

I haven't really paid attention to the current BBs on Verizon. Does anyone have any suggestions for me? Though I have loved my Curve, I hate to just get the same model again. Seems as though there should be some improvement/change/cool new features.

Going to stay with Verizon.

Thanks for any suggestions/info!
    01-12-10 01:31 PM
    If your a fan of the curve then just get the new curve, the 8530 I believe. Its got more app memory, probably more device memory, WIFI, and i'm sure it has other upgrades from the first curve. Can't go wrong with that...
    01-12-10 01:53 PM
    If your a fan of the curve then just get the new curve, the 8530 I believe. Its got more app memory, probably more device memory, WIFI, and i'm sure it has other upgrades from the first curve. Can't go wrong with that...
    Thanks for taking the time to reply. I will check out the 8530. I sort of hoped that someone would say "Get the S2!!! You won't regret it!"
    01-12-10 01:56 PM
    you could get the storm 2 if you want it a lot of people like that phone but you have to like a touch screen
    01-12-10 01:59 PM
    Why not just get another 8330? Last time I looked you could get one for around $10 from Verizon.
    01-12-10 02:55 PM
    Loving my Tour. I would check that out.
    01-12-10 02:57 PM
    I would recommend the tour or the curve 8530. THe curve has the trackpad which is something to get use to but works good. I have the tour and it is the best blackberry ive owned since the 8830 and would highly recommend it
    01-12-10 02:59 PM
    My vote is the curve 2 (8530) this way it still feel like your old curve but with some new features that'll make it feel like a new phone! But then again you could just get another curve. Idk about the Storm 2. I had a Storm 1 and I really enjoyed it, I just wanted something smaller so I went with the Pearl Flip. That's also an option! Oh just go for the big boy's bb the Tour.
    01-12-10 03:12 PM
    If your 8330 worked well for you then the 8530 will be great. The Tour is nice and adds a nice screen and global roaming capability, but retains the trackball currently and lacks WiFi. The Tour2 would be the best but it has not been released yet. Enjoy your new berry!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-12-10 09:49 PM
    you could get the storm 2 if you want it a lot of people like that phone but you have to like a touch screen
    I went to VZW and played with it for a bit tonight. It was ok, but I wasn't thrilled with it.

Why not just get another 8330? Last time I looked you could get one for around $10 from Verizon.
    Silly, I guess, but I hate to get a new phone that is just a replacement and not something a little newer with at least a couple new bells/whistles!

Loving my Tour. I would check that out.
    I played with it tonight, too. Very nice. I need to figure out the differences between the Tour and the 8530.

I would recommend the tour or the curve 8530. THe curve has the trackpad which is something to get use to but works good. I have the tour and it is the best blackberry ive owned since the 8830 and would highly recommend it
    Thank you for the great recommendation! I didn't mind the trackpad at all when I played with it tonight. I think I am quite hard on trackballs and don't think I would miss it!

My vote is the curve 2 (8530) this way it still feel like your old curve but with some new features that'll make it feel like a new phone! But then again you could just get another curve. Idk about the Storm 2. I had a Storm 1 and I really enjoyed it, I just wanted something smaller so I went with the Pearl Flip. That's also an option! Oh just go for the big boy's bb the Tour.
    I am quite sure I don't want a flip, so that is one easy decision!

I think I have to decide betw. the Tour and curve 2.

If your 8330 worked well for you then the 8530 will be great. The Tour is nice and adds a nice screen and global roaming capability, but retains the trackball currently and lacks WiFi. The Tour2 would be the best but it has not been released yet. Enjoy your new berry!
    I would love the Tour 2....but is the latest guess March? I can't wait that long. Bummer.

Thank you all for taking the time to reply! You have been very helpful!!
    01-12-10 10:10 PM
    If you liked the 8330 then try out the 8530. The wifi is a nice touch, but its lacking the camera flash. The tour has it all in one except for wifi which really sucks or you could wait for the tour 2.
    01-12-10 10:47 PM
    Supposedly Tour 2 will be out first part of Feb. That would be my pick were I set on getting another BB.

01-12-10 11:02 PM
    If I were you, I would get the 8530. It has some cool updates like the trackpad and the addition of wifi. The Tour is a great device, but will be replaced soon by the 9650. But you really can't go wrong with any of the BBs that Verizon offers. If I had to, I wouldn't mind going with the 8330 again. It will be getting the 5.0 update soon. So you have many choices, but the 8530 may be the best for you right now.

01-12-10 11:11 PM
    If you like the Curve then definitely go for the curve 8530. I have one and I love it. (I moved up from a Pearl Flip) Although, taking a look at the Tour 2 wouldn't hurt. I plan to when it comes out.
    01-12-10 11:16 PM
    Given the choices available right now I would go with the Tour. Waiting for the T2 to come out would be great but like most people you probably need a phone now not hopefully soon.
    01-13-10 07:09 AM
    If you liked the 8330 then try out the 8530. The wifi is a nice touch, but its lacking the camera flash. The tour has it all in one except for wifi which really sucks or you could wait for the tour 2.
    I may see if I can wait for a bit. What is happening with my phone is that is flashes off and on---it isn't turning off and back on (restarting). We will see how annoying it is. It seems to go in spurts....I'd love to be able to wait for the Tour 2...even just to be able to have the choice!

Supposedly Tour 2 will be out first part of Feb. That would be my pick were I set on getting another BB.
    Might see if I can wait....

If I were you, I would get the 8530. It has some cool updates like the trackpad and the addition of wifi. The Tour is a great device, but will be replaced soon by the 9650. But you really can't go wrong with any of the BBs that Verizon offers. If I had to, I wouldn't mind going with the 8330 again. It will be getting the 5.0 update soon. So you have many choices, but the 8530 may be the best for you right now.
    Your advice all makes sense! Thanks for writing this well thought out answer.

If you like the Curve then definitely go for the curve 8530. I have one and I love it. (I moved up from a Pearl Flip) Although, taking a look at the Tour 2 wouldn't hurt. I plan to when it comes out.
    I think I will look at it if I can stand waiting!

Given the choices available right now I would go with the Tour. Waiting for the T2 to come out would be great but like most people you probably need a phone now not hopefully soon.
    I do need a phone now, like most people....but the problem is intermittent. Now that I realize that, I might see if I can live with it for awhile!

Thanks again for the replies. It is incredibly helpful to hear from everyday experts!
    01-13-10 09:19 AM
    Yep I agree with what most of the others are suggesting ,I have an 8330(vzw) now and "if " I needed to replace it now I would get the 8530 but if at all possible would wait for the tour 2 (essex) but I doubt I could wait long depending when it was released like you said.
    01-13-10 09:32 AM
    Yep I agree with what most of the others are suggesting ,I have an 8330(vzw) now and "if " I needed to replace it now I would get the 8530 but if at all possible would wait for the tour 2 (essex) but I doubt I could wait long depending when it was released like you said.

Thank you, David. I am going to see if I can hang on.....we will see.
    01-13-10 08:11 PM
    Take the Tour or the 8530...
    01-13-10 08:17 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD