I need help on what the water damage sticker looks like on the Blackberry Curve 8900 please. My phone stopped working today and after trying everything I called for technical help and was informed it probably came in contact with water. This phone hasn't gotten wet in any way possible but the stick is red with a minus sign in it. I have been reading humidity can set it off but it doesn't sound right to me. My 8310 lived through worse climates. Can anyone tell me what the sticker would normally look like please? Thanks.
    08-13-09 09:26 PM
    The sticker on the battery is supposed to be white with a red stripe.The one for the device is located behind the battery on the upper left corner.You'll have to tilt your device to see it.It should be white.I believe there are two other colors it can change depending on the severity of the water damage.
    08-13-09 09:34 PM
    I need help on what the water damage sticker looks like on the Blackberry Curve 8900 please. My phone stopped working today and after trying everything I called for technical help and was informed it probably came in contact with water. This phone hasn't gotten wet in any way possible but the stick is red with a minus sign in it. I have been reading humidity can set it off but it doesn't sound right to me. My 8310 lived through worse climates. Can anyone tell me what the sticker would normally look like please? Thanks.
    Search is your friend, give it a shot. I think this will get you started:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/wa...ctures-194950/
    08-13-09 09:34 PM
    Thank you so much. No that is completely white where the battery is and the battery has exactly that, it's white with the red strip through it. I was holding the phone when it stopped working. Then I could no longer make calls or access the internet and the thing just started vibrating and would not stop. The technician was arguing with me that I must have gotten it wet somehow but I kept say ing no. The sticker I was talking about is this little red circle one by the camera lens. It's red w/ a white minus sign but I could've sworn it was always like that. Thank you so much.
    08-13-09 09:45 PM
    You are correct that is not the sticker.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-13-09 10:44 PM
    That sticker is so the carrier can tell you took your phone apart, thereby voiding the warranty. However, people have been known to put it back in the same spot with no issues =)

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-14-09 01:28 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD