I need help with 4 different issues with my blackberry that have been bugging me for the longest time. If anyone knows any answers to the problems below then please post them! Thank you in advance for all your help!

#1) I bought my BB from my phone carrier and I unlocked the phone. If I update the OS will that lock up my phone again?

#2) When I restart my BB (do a battery pull) it takes 5 minutes or so for it to load. I tried removing apps I don't use, thinking they might be using up a lot of memory but it still takes forever to load. Why does it take so long and is there anyway to overcome this problem?

#3) I have Blackberry App World installed on my phone. On the home screen at the top it shows you an icon (circle with an arrow in the middle and a number to the left) if upgrades are available for your apps. Mine glitched and it shows that 2 upgrades are available when there really isn't. I removed BB App World and the icon disappeared, but then I installed it again and it came back. Any ideas?

#4) The game "Word Mole" glitched and shows a game invite icon on the home screen. I tried removing and re-adding Word Mole through the BB Desktop Manager but the icon is still there. How would I go about removing that? Maybe I didn't do it properly the first time?
    09-10-09 09:17 AM
    1) Updating the OS will not lock your phone again.
    2) The only way to speed up the load time is to try one of the OS 5.0 leaks, its not a memory issue, the OS just loads slowly.
    3) There is upgrades available for your apps, sometimes it can be a pain to find them, but search all your apps again to ensure there is no upgrades
    4) In the game, did you try to press menu and see if there are any options there for possibly viewing this invite or clearing it?
    09-10-09 09:22 AM
    2 - Please avoid one of the 5.0 Beta OS versions that are available. It is bad advice to upgrade to them at this time. To improve your boot time, try to disable Memory Cleaning: Options > Security Options > Memory Cleaning = off
    09-10-09 10:48 AM
    aristile: football right? Brees. I hope Pierre Thomas it OK next week. Reggie by himself isn't gonna do it.
    09-10-09 12:24 PM
    Oh yea, baby!!! Football season in 6.5 hours. I'll be at the dome Sunday, can't wait!

I am bummed out about Pierre being hurt but I think Mike Bell will fill in well Sunday. It is the Lions! HAHA
    09-10-09 12:34 PM
    To improve your boot time, try to disable Memory Cleaning: Options > Security Options > Memory Cleaning = off
    What is memory cleaning & what would be the reprecussions of disabling it?

Thanks!
    09-10-09 12:54 PM
    09-10-09 12:57 PM
    WoW! Guess I should have done a search first !

Thanks though!
    09-10-09 12:58 PM
    WoW! Guess I should have done a search first !

Thanks though!
    HEHEHE ... yea, I gave ya a pass on the lecture that time!
    09-10-09 01:01 PM
    The load times are pretty much normal. When I first switched to a smartphone it was a palm and had long load times compaired to a dumbphone. And then to WM and it was even longer. The 8300 had about a 3-4 min load time and the 8900 has almost a 5 min load time. The only way I've read to lower that is by installing a beta or hybird os wich could brick your phone. So you might not want to try it yet.

Os 5 will be out in the next couple months I'm sure. So I'd just say deal with it for now.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 02:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD