So I have had one **** of a Monday and it seems to only be getting worse. Basically, I dropped my Blackberry today and the LCD screen pretty much crapped out, 2/3 of it were just white so I was able to read about half of my emails.

I will be able to get a new one from Verizon which is good, they are going to replace it, but will only transfer the Address Book and not anything else. What I would like to know is this...is there a way to export my:

Address Book
    Call Log
    SMS Texts
    Emails
    PIN/BBM Contacts

and if so, how do I do this? Any help is really appreciated.
    12-15-08 06:08 PM
    Download and install Desktop Manager from the blackberry web site. You can use Back up/Restore to back up everything you have listed.
    12-15-08 06:34 PM
    Thanks for the help...just one problem, when backing up my messages, it gets about half way done and then I get a message saying "Error Backing Up Database."

Anyone know what the deal is with that?
    12-15-08 06:47 PM
    Try going into your browser and clearing the cache and history.
    12-15-08 06:54 PM
    Thanks so much for your help, I cleared my history and cookies but it is still giving me the error message, I went into:

Advanced Options > Device Databases

And clicked each one that had any memory attached to it and transfered it over to the right side....once I was done I went to:

File > Save As

and saved all the options...is this the same result I would get had I done the whole "Back Up" option?

Also, any clue as to why it wont let me save my "Messages" there are 600 of them and I'm thinking there is a possibility they may be Facebook related and that's why its not letting me save them...
    12-15-08 07:17 PM
    Yes it's the same. No clue why it won't back it up.
    12-15-08 07:44 PM
    Last question, and once again, thanks so much for your help.

When I import my saved information from "My Documents" Will I go to:

Backup and Restore > Restore

And then click the file that I saved all my information to?
    12-15-08 08:18 PM
    Yes. It's save as an .ipd file correct?
    12-15-08 08:27 PM
    Correct, so tomorrow when I get the new phone it will just load all my settings onto my new phone and it will be just like normal?

Sorry for all the questions, but I want to make sure I get this right because after tomorrow, I wont have access to my old phone.

Also, hate to be a pest, but is there something wrong with one of my emails where its not letting me import the "messages" section?
    12-15-08 08:33 PM
    Yes. Restoring the backed up file should be no problem.
    12-15-08 08:35 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD