I have an alltel curve 8330,I damaged my usb/charging port. I didnt get the insurance, I don't know what to do. does anyone know if Alltel will repair it, any idea of cost? Can it be repaired? I have an old BB I charge the batt. and switch daily, the problem is, no connection to pc, and I don't want to pull batt. for the next 20 months!! Help!!!
    08-07-09 06:25 PM
    can you sync via bluetooth? also the bb charger dock is under $10.00
    08-07-09 08:14 PM
    Mine has been touchy too. Seeing the road ahead, I got an extra battery and a mini-battery charger. I have an old BT Dongle to transfer files (or email them???). Hope it doesn't come to that, but will see. Good luck.
    08-07-09 08:44 PM
    Not sure about Alltel but I know VZW does this. How long ago did you get your device? If it's less that 1 year old it may be covered under the device warrantee.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-08-09 03:52 AM
    I have an alltel curve 8330,I damaged my usb/charging port. I didnt get the insurance, I don't know what to do. does anyone know if Alltel will repair it, any idea of cost? Can it be repaired? I have an old BB I charge the batt. and switch daily, the problem is, no connection to pc, and I don't want to pull batt. for the next 20 months!! Help!!!
    My first curve's USB port got messed up and I took it to ATT and they gave me anothe curve. It was under a year so I was lucky that the warranty covered it. I don't know about your carrier but you can try. As far as the other recommendations by other people posting, you can get the dock charger. The connection to the pc is the issue here really. If you really need it to back up your berry or other reasons than you will need to get the USB port replaced.

Now, if you're handy, you can take your berry apart and replace the USB port your self. I've seen them go for under ten bucks on ebay. And all you need to do really is solder the new USB port into the berry's main board. I didn't fo this route because my curve was still under warranty, so I just took it back and got another one.

Good luck.

08-08-09 04:43 AM
    Barring any of the above fixes, here are two possible repair centers with fast turnaround.

PDA Repair World - A full line of RIM BlackBerry repair services and BlackBerry parts for all BlackBerry handheld devices and

Cellphone Repair Shop Fix your Cell Phone with quality cellphone repair parts

Are reputable repair centers.

08-08-09 05:36 AM
    How could you not get insurance?

Anyway, how long have you had the phone?
    08-08-09 06:53 AM
    There's a little charging doc that you can buy on here or get at best buy for $20, it doesnt use the USB port. it saved me from using an instinct!! i would post a link but i have under 10 post so i cant but its a littler charging doc that has the blackberry logo on it just look for that, its amazing! (except you cant upgrade your software >.<)
    08-08-09 12:00 PM
    You should be able to get the phone insurance at any time very highly recomanded it has payed for itself on every phone I have had smartphone and dumb phones alike. But it should be covered under warranty.

08-08-09 01:18 PM
    little late, just want to thank you for the help! I got the dock, now working on backing up data, Thanks again BB people are awesome!!!
    08-13-09 09:29 PM
    great the little dock works great.... You may have some trouble syncing with bluetooth. On my mac the first sync I believe had to be with the usb cable then bluetooth worked. are the pins bent in the port??
    08-13-09 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD