Hello again

A quick question : Basically, whenever punching the keys on the BB 8900, sometimes I use nails.

I wonder if the letters will start rubbing off or something like that.

Is there anyway to protect the keyboard from such use?

Cheers!
    08-26-09 10:33 PM
    The letters will not rub off.. ALTHOUGH i have noticed the raised bump on the "d" key can scrape off if your rough and a tiny bit of backlight will show thru (nothing too noticeable)
    08-26-09 10:54 PM
    Hello again

A quick question : Basically, whenever punching the keys on the BB 8900, sometimes I use nails.

Cheers!
    Average life of a BlackBerry is 6 - 18 months. Pretty likely you'll be into a new model before you need to worry about wearing out your keys ... unless you are really unbelievably hard on them.
    08-27-09 02:22 AM
    6-18 months?!?!?!
    pffff
    im planning on using this thing untill its worn out or went dead on me..

if this is before 18months ill never buy one again..
    08-27-09 07:00 AM
    Average life of a BlackBerry is 6 - 18 months. Pretty likely you'll be into a new model before you need to worry about wearing out your keys ... unless you are really unbelievably hard on them.
    LOL. You got me pegged. I take extraordinary care of my devices but I can't go much longer than a year without looking for the newest kid on the block. I can't help myself.
    08-27-09 07:10 AM
    The letters will not rub off.. ALTHOUGH i have noticed the raised bump on the "d" key can scrape off if your rough and a tiny bit of backlight will show thru (nothing too noticeable)
    This may be a stupid question, but why is there a raised bump on the "D" key?
    08-27-09 07:21 AM
    This may be a stupid question, but why is there a raised bump on the "D" key?
    Its like the "j" and "f" keys on a keyboard, its for locating where your hands are without having to actually looking at the keys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-27-09 07:38 AM
    Thanks very much.
    08-27-09 07:47 AM
    6-18 months?!?!?!
    pffff
    im planning on using this thing untill its worn out or went dead on me..

if this is before 18months ill never buy one again..
    I think the 6 months refers to how long you can go before you want one of the new ones lol :P

On a side note..I abused the **** out of my 8320 for a year (didn't have a case or covering except for the holster) with extreme heat (it would shut itself off when exposed to extreme heat for too long but a battery pull would fix that) and even moisture. The thing is still going strong and now in the hands of someone else as I now have the 8900. I guess I'll find out if the 8900 can take the same kind of abuse as the months go by.

08-27-09 11:31 PM
    Hello again

Cheers!
    After having the phone for just over 2 months I already have a small nick on the "F" key from my fingernail...

08-28-09 12:17 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD