i was in the middle of a text msg and suddenly my keys stopped working. i tried pressing the trackball too but it wouldn't work. i did 3 hard resets and still nothing. i couldn't access my texts, email, or any of my applications. i have two applications installed on my blackberry. tweetgenius & myspace. other than that.. my blackberry is pretty boring. this 8900 is about 3 months old and hasn't been dropped, placed in water, OR puked on.

i plugged it into the computer & did a full back up and called tech support where they made me try a few things but nothing worked. so i had to do a warranty exchange and i must go to my local tmo store and get one of those loaner nokia phones

has anyone had this issue before?
    06-05-09 08:43 AM
    joannamichelle - Are you SURE that you didn't get drunk again and have another incident?!
    06-05-09 10:30 AM
    i had a similar problem where my track ball wouldn't scroll down. Not as serious as yours but still an annoyance. I had to navigate with space bar and scroll up and hope i didn't pass it and web browsing was pretty much impossible. I did the warranty exchange and now everything is back to normal. But i still feel your pain. Hang in there.
    06-05-09 12:05 PM
    joannamichelle - Are you SURE that you didn't get drunk again and have another incident?!
    lol! yes which is why i said this 8900 is about 3 months old and hasn't been dropped, placed in water, OR puked on

jerkkk!!
    06-05-09 12:31 PM
    lol! yes which is why i said this 8900 is about 3 months old and hasn't been dropped, placed in water, OR puked on

jerkkk!!
    HEHEHE ... sorry, you know I had to say something!!

I'm thinking your keyboard/trackball assembly just went bad for some reason and you need a replacement of that part. Sounds like T-mobile is taking care of you though so that's good news.
    06-05-09 02:08 PM
    Also ... what if you get the RMAed PukeBerry back!!!!

That would be classic!
    06-05-09 02:08 PM
    lol sorry about the 8900
    06-05-09 02:23 PM
    That sucks... keep us posted as to how fast they get you a new one, and if you like the service
    06-05-09 02:26 PM
    Also ... what if you get the RMAed PukeBerry back!!!!

That would be classic!
    Hahahaha, here's your YakBerry back, oops.....I meant BlackBerry
    06-05-09 02:27 PM
    Hey joannamichelle I picked on you in this thread.... Maybe this is the puke berry!!!!!

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/ho...8900-a-242371/

06-05-09 02:34 PM
    Hahahaha, here's your YakBerry back, oops.....I meant BlackBerry
    Haha good one SD I was waiting for someone to say that. Seriously though Joanna hopefully you get it resolved and soon...
    06-05-09 02:36 PM
    The same thing killed my first 8900. Literally within minutes. No keyboard, no side buttons, no track ball click. The track ball would move the cursor and that was it.

You can try to reinstall the OS, but it won't work. Don't be surpised if they insist on you trying it before authorizing the return.

It's s**t like this that's the reason there is always a backup phone in my briefcase.
    06-05-09 03:42 PM
    The same thing killed my first 8900. Literally within minutes. No keyboard, no side buttons, no track ball click. The track ball would move the cursor and that was it.

You can try to reinstall the OS, but it won't work. Don't be surpised if they insist on you trying it before authorizing the return.

It's s**t like this that's the reason there is always a backup phone in my briefcase.
    you have and use a briefcase?
    06-05-09 06:12 PM
    This exact thing happened to me last night! The trackball would scroll but none of my buttons nor the keyboard would work! I did many battery pulls but that didn't fix it either. But, since I'm posting from my Berry now, it magically repaired itself. I removed the battery, plugged my phone into the computer and left it there all night (with the red LED glowing). In the morning, I put my battery back in, and alakazam! Worked like new again. Not sure what caused it to happen but I'm hoping it doesn't happen again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 06:38 PM
    I'm on my 2nd 8900 and looks like I'll be going to a 3rd, all within the space of a month! Both trackball scrolling issues. Trackball on first device locked up and wouldn't scroll down. Now the trackball on the replacement device wont let me move the cursor to the left! :-( (trackball moves, but no movement on screen)

I'm starting to wonder about the build quality on the 8900 now... and how long number 3 will last... maybe I should switch to a bold...??
    06-06-09 06:50 PM
    I wonder if it somehow has something to do your sim car or memory card locking up the phone.... If you are game maybe you should pull the memory card then do a battery pull....or ask for a new SIM card

06-06-09 07:07 PM

jerkkk!!
    Perhaps it took a 3 inch stiletto heel to the face. I dropped my berry once in the club and it took a nice beating after being danced on lol. The keyboard still worked though
    06-06-09 07:32 PM
    Mine has locked up a couple times, doing different things, and I just laid it down and ignored it for a while. It apparently felt bad about being ignored, because when I picked it up it was working again. I don't know if it just ran out of memory due to the downloading of files, or what, but it seemed to free itself.
    06-06-09 07:38 PM
    lol all of you guys are too funny!!

i'm supposed to get it tomorrow.
    06-08-09 12:20 AM
    Yeah we were just having a little fun, at your expense. Good to hear you will have the replacment soon though...
    06-08-09 12:22 AM
    Hmmm that's so crazy. I have had mine since March and it's been used heavily. Haven't had anything like that happen, fortunately. I'm happy to hear a new one's on the way, tho!

06-08-09 12:50 AM
    I'm on my 2nd 8900 and looks like I'll be going to a 3rd, all within the space of a month! Both trackball scrolling issues. Trackball on first device locked up and wouldn't scroll down. Now the trackball on the replacement device wont let me move the cursor to the left! :-( (trackball moves, but no movement on screen)

I'm starting to wonder about the build quality on the 8900 now... and how long number 3 will last... maybe I should switch to a bold...??
    Try to use a can of compressed air or something like that, that worked for me when I got some "dirt" under the trackball (tabacco from a sigarette in my case ).
    06-08-09 04:28 AM
    Hey joannamichelle,

Did you get your new phone yet??? Everything working?

06-08-09 05:37 AM
    you have and use a briefcase?
    Yes, I do. We can't all aspire to careers involving name tags and hair nets.
    06-08-09 07:29 AM
    Sorry to hear about your phone..my trackball sometimes won't respond if I'm moving it to the right but when I'm on the internet it works fine.

06-08-09 08:40 AM
40 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD