So I have a media card and I have some pictures stored on the device and a majority of them stored on my sd card. When I click on media and then pictures the folder is completely empty and there is nothing there. If I highlight pictures and click explore and then find my pictures it shows that they are on the sd card and it shows that some are stored to the device memory. I can't open the files because the names have been changed to a .al format. Also my pictures folders even when I click explore, are hidden. I try to uncheck the box that says hide so they will no longer be hidden but it doesn't let me. Howw can I get all my pictures back to normal so I can see them when I click on media and pictures?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-06-10 08:18 PM
    Are they in the right folder? They should be inside /Media Card/IMAGE, I believe.

Are they pictures that are taken? Downloaded directly using your phone? Transferred from a computer to your phone?

Also, if the pictures are in the right folder, try doing a battery pull, that might fix everything.
    07-06-10 08:23 PM
    Was the sd card originally from the blackberry? If not they may also be to high of a mega pixel or resoloution therefore unreadable!

07-06-10 08:56 PM
    Was the sd card originally from the blackberry? If not they may also be to high of a mega pixel or resoloution therefore unreadable!

Some pictures were taken, some were sent to me and some were saved freom the web and emails, all were working fine then one day I realized a few were missing and thought maybe I accidently deleted them. Thenn I downloaded an app lock so I can lock my media folder all together and they all went missing. After looking around I realized they weren't deleted because I can see them from the explore option. In another forukm I read that if I deleted a certain file that was with my list of pictures in the explore option they would come back up. They did but only for a short while and they all went away again. Now when I click explore I can see the files there but they all have crazy names with random letters and numbers then .al as opposed to jpeg or whatever normal format they're supposed to be in. Because thwyre in that format I can't view them anymore and I still can't see them from the normal media<pictures . Hope this helps someonee solve my problem while I keep trying to figure it out haha, thanks

07-06-10 09:31 PM
    If I were you I would delete that app. It may solve your problem. If you don't want the pics to be seen either hide the folder or lock your blackberry!

07-06-10 09:47 PM
    Are they in the right folder? They should be inside /Media Card/IMAGE, I believe.

Are they pictures that are taken? Downloaded directly using your phone? Transferred from a computer to your phone?

Also, if the pictures are in the right folder, try doing a battery pull, that might fix everything.
    Don't you mean /SD Card/BlackBerry/pictures?

Anyway, a word of advice, move the pics stored in the device memory to the SD card. Your phone will thank you.
    07-06-10 09:52 PM
    Don't you mean /SD Card/BlackBerry/pictures?

Anyway, a word of advice, move the pics stored in the device memory to the SD card. Your phone will thank you.
    Ahh, oh yeah, that's what I meant.
    07-07-10 11:12 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD