Theoretically, yes, but I just used the tip of a small knife to lift the edge up and grabbed it with a tweezer. Put down on the edge of my desk and reapplied it after the case was back together.

I don't know why I even bothered as I bought the phone used. I guess my sig. says it all.
    Gotcha! Sounds like a plan. The black trackball just came in, so I should get it together tomorrow (kids birthday party tonight).
    01-13-09 03:33 PM
    Also, on cnn.cn there's 2 version of some housings, (ver 1 & 2). Are they for different versions of 8330's or is it just whichever you like aesthetically?
    01-13-09 07:03 PM
    I installed my G1 black trackball yesterday, works awesome...
    01-13-09 07:06 PM
    Also, on cnn.cn there's 2 version of some housings, (ver 1 & 2). Are they for different versions of 8330's or is it just whichever you like aesthetically?
    They will both fit the Curve 8330. Version one comes with the two-colour bottom cover, and version two comes with the one-colour bottom cover.
    01-13-09 07:33 PM
    They will both fit the Curve 8330. Version one comes with the two-colour bottom cover, and version two comes with the one-colour bottom cover.
    Cool, thanks
    01-13-09 07:57 PM
    Cool, thanks
    Does it come in a different pink other than puke pink verizon gave me? It's more purple than pink IMO...

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-13-09 08:49 PM
    Does it come in a different pink other than puke pink verizon gave me? It's more purple than pink IMO...
    Here's what's available:
    Search Results - 3G, Motorola, Acer, Apple, SonyEricsson, Panasonic, Dopod/O2, Microsoft, BenQ-Si
    01-13-09 08:51 PM
    Curve looks awesome. Nice theme too bud. How much did that cost ya anyways?
    01-13-09 11:42 PM
    I've got get me a black track ball.. That's sweet.. how hard was the install on just the ball? Do you have to diassemble the entire BB? Or is it a quick install?
    01-14-09 12:56 AM
    wow thtas very nice I was looking into getting a all white one
    01-14-09 01:07 AM
    You don't have to disassemble the entire BB to switch out the track ball, its fairly easy.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-14-09 03:02 AM
    Finally got the black housing and all black trackball installed:

Using the black leather BB wallpaper. Maybe need to find a black trim ring for around the trackball...?
    01-14-09 11:23 AM
    Finally got the black housing and all black trackball installed:

Using the black leather BB wallpaper. Maybe need to find a black trim ring for around the trackball...?
    Sweet!...

Looks good dude...
    01-14-09 03:10 PM
    Anyone who got the black housing, was the leds connected to the faceplate when you got it? Or did you have to do it yourself.
    01-14-09 08:01 PM
    Maybe need to find a black trim ring for around the trackball...?
    Let us know if you find that black trim ring.

Looks great!
    01-14-09 08:04 PM
    Let us know if you find that black trim ring.

Looks great!
    I think I may have to sand and paint my own! No luck yet...
    01-15-09 05:47 AM
    Anyone who got the black housing, was the leds connected to the faceplate when you got it? Or did you have to do it yourself.
    I have the 8330 and the LED is attached to the main board in the mid-plate.

I see you have the 8830 listed and although it looks very similar to the 83XX Curve, yours has a different housing.

You should probably ask this question over in the 8830 Forum.
    01-15-09 05:53 AM
    I think I may have to sand and paint my own! No luck yet...
    Good Idea! I might use a product called Hammerite. After it dries you will never scratch it AND it has a ballpein hammer finish. I may have to play around with this.

http://www.orgoneresearch.com/IMG_2598.jpg
    Last edited by RazorV; 01-15-09 at 02:40 PM.
    01-15-09 08:57 AM
    I just received and installed my black housing, and of course the way my luck runs, one of the screws broke off in the original housing. I guess its a good thing that i work in optics and have access to a wide variety of small screws.
    Hopefully I can find one that will fit when I go back to work next week.
    Anyway, the housing looks freaking awesome!!! I absolutely love it!!
    Many thanks to the OP, and all the others that posted pics of theirs!! My addiction just got stronger.....LOL
    01-15-09 11:42 AM
    The Black housing looks cool man, nice!
    01-15-09 11:44 AM
    ...one of the screws broke off in the original housing...
    That's exactly why I added some extra screws to my CNN order yesterday, and an extra lens. For an additional $7 I have peace of mind for the installation
    01-15-09 12:19 PM
    That's exactly why I added some extra screws to my CNN order yesterday, and an extra lens. For an additional $7 I have peace of mind for the installation
    Remember that the screws are very thin and can't take a lot of torque. Don't overtighten them or they will snap off.
    01-15-09 12:25 PM
    I ordered a chrome blue housing from eBay...I can't wait for it to get here! I also ordered the atomic black trackball. When I get it all together, I'll be sure to take a picture for posting!

01-15-09 02:16 PM
    careful guys...
    Murphys law sure as **** applied to my black housing installation.

Anybody know where i can find some spare T5 screws? They snapped and I am pretty disappointed in CNNs customer service.
    01-15-09 03:36 PM
    Remember that the screws are very thin and can't take a lot of torque. Don't overtighten them or they will snap off.
    Mine actually snapped while removing the old housing, one came out easily, and the other snapped while trying to loosen it. Like a dummy, I didn't even think about ordering back-ups, oh well, live and learn. I'm going to take my old housing to work tommorrow and try a few eyeglass screws and see if anything works, if not, then I'll be back on cnn to order some.
    Still looks awesome!!!
    01-15-09 06:20 PM
350 ... 7891011 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD