Good call. I've wanting a different housing for some time, but I thought I'd wait till I had the phone awhile. Plus you can wait to see how my transaction goes. Also there are many places to get free themes. There is a forum on this site and a good site called themes4bb.com.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    12-30-08 04:00 PM
    i just ordered black housing, and received it. though idk how to install it, help please idntknw?
    12-30-08 11:32 PM
    i just ordered black housing, and received it. though idk how to install it, help please idntknw?
    Congrats on the new housing!...

This is the video I watched...

BlackBerry Curve 8300 repair tutorial - Panasonic, LG, Acer, BlackBerry, 3G, Nokia, Dopod/O2, Alcatel, BenQ-Siemens, Acc

I'm sure there are many more...

Good luck!...
    12-31-08 05:31 AM
    just to clarify, all I would need is the faceplate set, and seperate trackball to install? I can't find the atomic trackball, little help! Thanks guys.
    12-31-08 10:38 AM
    I'm pretty sure you can find the atomic trackball at cnn.cn.

It's under the 8900 section because that's what it originally comes on but it will fit the other models I believe. (correct me guys if that is wrong)
    12-31-08 10:40 AM
    just to clarify, all I would need is the faceplate set, and seperate trackball to install? I can't find the atomic trackball, little help! Thanks guys.

Yes...thats all you will need...

Well....except for a T5 torx screwdriver...

BlackBerry Curve 8900 OEM trackball- HTC, Apple, Acer, Nokia, BenQ-Siemens, Samsung, Microsoft, Sony, SonyEricsson, P

^^Link to atomic ball^^
    12-31-08 10:42 AM
    Also can be found here...as well as other black housings.True Supplier
    12-31-08 10:45 AM
    I'm pretty sure you can find the atomic trackball at cnn.cn.

It's under the 8900 section because that's what it originally comes on but it will fit the other models I believe. (correct me guys if that is wrong)

I think you are correct CountryyLovee...
    Awesome, thanks guys! Will post pics once I get this bad mamma jamma on.
    The True Supplier trackball is different. I've just ordered it, but I don't know how it feels cause haven't got it in yet. It's also cheaper and comes with screwdriver and trackball ring remover.
    12-31-08 10:47 AM
    I noticed it was cheaper, I may go that route, come with tools? That's a plus.
    12-31-08 10:49 AM
    I just bought the white housing. 54 bucks with shipping. Comes with white housing (front, back and bottom piece), side rails, black trackball, and black keypad with two screwdrivers and the opening tool. I thought that was a pretty good deal.
    12-31-08 10:50 AM
    I just bought the white housing. 54 bucks with shipping. Comes with white housing (front, back and bottom piece), side rails, black trackball, and black keypad. I thought that was a pretty good deal.
    Not bad at all...

Gotta post some pics when you get it together...
    12-31-08 10:52 AM
    Not bad at all...

Gotta post some pics when you get it together...
    I believe I'll be making a disassembly/reassembly video for those leary of doing the housing swap. I'll take some pics too.
    12-31-08 10:56 AM
    I believe I'll be making a disassembly/reassembly video for those leary of doing the housing swap. I'll take some pics too.
    Perfect!...

Great idea...
    12-31-08 10:57 AM
    yeah, I may hold off to see some video, I am very leary on doing so, but fairly confident I can pull it off.
    12-31-08 10:59 AM
    yeah, I may hold off to see some video, I am very leary on doing so, but fairly confident I can pull it off.

Yeah...I was the same way...

But took my time and everything went fine...

I'm sure it would with you also...
    12-31-08 11:00 AM
    I've never done the swap, but I know how to use a screwdriver and I'm not a moron so I think it shouldn't be that hard. Just going to watch a few videos on youtube and go from there.
    12-31-08 11:00 AM
    I've never done the swap, but I know how to use a screwdriver and I'm not a moron so I think it shouldn't be that hard. Just going to watch a few videos on youtube and go from there.

Sounds like a plan...

Keep us updated...
    12-31-08 11:02 AM
    idntknw, do you have a link for the theme you show on yours?
    12-31-08 11:18 AM
    idntknw, do you have a link for the theme you show on yours?
    I think I'm using version four...

I also think you have to register with the site and reply to the thread to be able to see the download links...

New BeBold Theme - BlueRoomSolution
    12-31-08 11:59 AM
    Thanks alot man, appreciate it.
    01-01-09 04:43 PM
    Thanks alot man, appreciate it.
    No problem...

Glad I could help...
    01-02-09 09:54 AM
    Looks awesome, black just seems to give gadgets a sick look, totally awesome
    01-02-09 11:19 AM
    Just got my black housing in from cnn...

Its like a new phone with a different housing on it...

Anyway...just wanted to share...sorry about the dust...kinda ruins it...

was it hard to replace the housing. I am pretty handy I have just never attempted this. Thanks
    01-02-09 12:30 PM
350 ... 45678 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD