Hey Kompressor that looks awesome!! What theme are you using? I think I love it.
    01-17-09 05:34 PM
    All black is the way to go man, looks hard...
    01-17-09 05:36 PM
    Finally have mine the way I want it all black with the trackball with the black ring around it.
    Very nice dude!

It looks like you moved the thing that goes over the LED from your OEM faceplate. Does it snap in, or do you have to glue it in?
    01-17-09 05:38 PM
    I am using the iberry theme from crackberry theme store. The plastic piece just sits in place on those tiny pins. I used a dab of plastic cement to hold it in place. Thanks guys.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    01-17-09 05:51 PM
    Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep a eye on mine. As of right now, it looks normal.

Is it possible to re-glue it from the inside?
    I tried on both of mine and made a mess even through I was being extremely careful. Got superglue all over the lens. I just gave up on them and threw them away. I just think it's weird that I had it happen to two of them and someone else posted a review on the website that it happened to them, too.

The red one will be here in a week or so. We'll see how that one goes. I REALLY want to get rid of the Verizon silver.
    01-19-09 08:58 AM
    where did you get the black trackball with the black RING. i ordered a black trackball and has the white ring around it so i was kinda disappointed
    01-19-09 05:49 PM
    where did you get the black trackball with the black RING. i ordered a black trackball and has the white ring around it so i was kinda disappointed
    I got my black trackball with black ring from ebay seller gsm4world.

You could just dye the white ring black:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/my-...-works-130330/
    01-19-09 05:53 PM
    I got mine from the ebay seller truesupplier. A little pricey, but nothings too good for my BB...
    01-19-09 06:46 PM
    Looks great Kompressor33, cant wait to order mine.
    01-20-09 08:04 AM
    I received the black housing and black trackball yesterday. I was all excited, put the trackball in first and it looks awesome. Then the black housing was next.. Until I stripped the damn screw and now I can't get it out. Now I don't know what to do since I can't get the screw out!

01-20-09 08:10 AM
    I received the black housing and black trackball yesterday. I was all excited, put the trackball in first and it looks awesome. Then the black housing was next.. Until I stripped the damn screw and now I can't get it out. Now I don't know what to do since I can't get the screw out!

You may want to try cutting a horizontal groove into the stripped screw so you can just a small flat head screw driver to get it out. Hope this helps
    01-20-09 09:15 AM
    What could I use to cut a groove? It's hard cause its in the small whole....

01-20-09 09:28 AM
    I ordered mine about a week and a half ago...should get here today! Thanks for the pics. Now I'm uber-pumped.
    01-20-09 10:32 AM
    Ok...little frustrated with truesupplier.com right now. I had heard pretty good things about them. They are from China so it takes a little while to ship, but I placed my order on December 30th and it's now Jan. 20th and my tracking number doesn't even show it arriving in the States yet. Says it left Hong Kong on Jan. 7th. I did not expect it to take this long. ERRRR!
    01-20-09 01:53 PM
    Sanded and painted the trim ring in glossy black. For those who 'murder' theirs, all they'd have to do is sand it to remove the chrome and leave the flat black plastic finish.

I wonder what else I can make glossy black...
    01-25-09 10:08 AM
    I got a question for those who got their housings at CNN. I didn't read every page in detail so forgive me if it's been asked. Did the housing come with the "foam seal" on the back of the LCD lens to seal out the dust?
    01-25-09 12:44 PM
    I got a question for those who got their housings at CNN. I didn't read every page in detail so forgive me if it's been asked. Did the housing come with the "foam seal" on the back of the LCD lens to seal out the dust?
    when i got mine it came with everything and I even ordered new side rails from when I originally painted mine and broke the tabs. The housing has the foam sealant and I even put some silicone sealant on the foam for extra protection! You have to fidget with it as mine fit snug but not snug enough as my thumb would catch on the screen when scrolling on the trackball.
    01-25-09 12:48 PM
    i got some questions

first, so all the housings from ebay are from china? and they aren't oem so they are more prone to getting dust inside? so if i order from cnn.cn it's the better quality housing correct? does cnn.cn come with the tools?

second, i hear people talking about all kinds of different black trackballs. which is the best? g1 trackball or others? i'm not sure, also where is the best place to get it? i'm all about good quality nomatter the price, i don't want cheap stuff hehe

so any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!
    01-25-09 02:55 PM
    You know, I didn't even look! Someday I'll have to take it apart to see... But I've had mine on for a couple weeks now and I don't see any dust under there. I think it will be more prone to dust once you break that factory seal, so to speak, but the fact that I don't carry it in my pocket probably helps too.
    01-25-09 03:19 PM
    i got some questions

first, so all the housings from ebay are from china? and they aren't oem so they are more prone to getting dust inside? so if i order from cnn.cn it's the better quality housing correct? does cnn.cn come with the tools?

second, i hear people talking about all kinds of different black trackballs. which is the best? g1 trackball or others? i'm not sure, also where is the best place to get it? i'm all about good quality nomatter the price, i don't want cheap stuff hehe

so any help would be appreciated, thanks guys!
    The only black housings I could find were from China. Are they OEM, I don't know for sure, but they look identical in every way, except the color. The logo on the front is exactly the same and the whole battery door, speaker cover, lens trim section, with another logo, sure looks like it's from the BB factory.

You know, all the BB equipment is probably made there anyway. I've ordered Motorola, HP and Apple products in the last two years and they all had tracking numbers that started from Hong Kong.
    01-25-09 03:24 PM
    The only black housings I could find were from China. Are they OEM, I don't know for sure, but they look identical in every way, except the color. The logo on the front is exactly the same and the whole battery door, speaker cover, lens trim section, with another logo, sure looks like it's from the BB factory.

You know, all the BB equipment is probably made there anyway. I've ordered Motorola, HP and Apple products in the last two years and they all had tracking numbers that started from Hong Kong.

yeah lol, i know they're all pretty much from china, but i read that some people that ordered from ebay were getting dust inside their screen because it was missing some oem parts. is that true? i haven't heard any problems from anyone that has ordered form cnn.cn so i was just wondering.
    01-25-09 03:38 PM
    yeah lol, i know they're all pretty much from china, but i read that some people that ordered from ebay were getting dust inside their screen because it was missing some oem parts. is that true? i haven't heard any problems from anyone that has ordered form cnn.cn so i was just wondering.
    cnn.cn is probably ur best bet although right now there not shipping until feb because of the new year! when i painted and ruined my back battery door I researched every sight looking for the best price and there all about the same! I had only found one place in nebraska that had them but was out of stock!
    01-25-09 04:18 PM
    I ordered a black housing for my 8310 from Hong Kong off EBay. Only thing is, the "Home Keys" (call/end call, blackberry button and back button) are silver. It still looks a lot better than the Titanium I had on there. I've had my phone for 13-14 months now, so a change was necessary.

I just took the BB apart and did it myself in about a half hour, trying to be very careful. What's weird is, I put it all back together and my phone wouldn't turn on immediately. Now it seems to be fine, though.

The only thing that I may do is take it apart to adjust my mute button. For some reason, the button is basically flush with the top of my phone. Sort of annoys me..
    01-26-09 03:14 AM
    wow it looks hott in black ! very nicee
    01-26-09 10:10 AM
    I just sent a message to cnn.cn asking them if they could get their suppliers to make black trackball trim rings and black top row keys for the 83XX series Curves. I started a thread here:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f52/mes...w-keys-146374/

Hopefully, if enough of you contact them, they'll start to produce these products.
    01-27-09 02:08 PM
350 ... 910111213 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD